Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DDR: Looking for a home  (Read 19381 times)

Offline spoz

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT DICKNOSE?
    • View Profile
    • Line12
DDR: Looking for a home
« on: January 12, 2008, 02:36:37 PM »
Im reluctant to let this go due to the time and effort put into it but the map I was intending on adding it to hasn't been worked on in months and with my a-levels coming up in unlikely to for quite a while. Due to the nature of this i'm not releasing it as a free for all so everyone can add it to their maps, if anyone is interested before I send you the vmf i'd want to see the quality of the map so it has a good quality home.

BSP

Im aware of the current filesize this is due to minimal optimisation, a large uncompressed skybox and a high quality mp3 being packed into it, of course i will optimise it before sending it to whoever gets it
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 02:42:00 PM by spoz »
But if u really wanna see a screwed up map take a look at that greatriver awesome 1... freaked the shit out of me... its like a child molestation adventure.....

Offline TargetPractice

• Eat my surf!
    • View Profile
Re: DDR: Looking for a home
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 09:05:33 PM »
I don't understand what possible use this may have in a surf map?

Click HERE for free films and games with the LoveFilm offers!

di66erjonz

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 09:27:52 PM »
A mini game, in jail ?

Offline TargetPractice

• Eat my surf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »
It would make a pointless jail unless it can only work correctly with just for 1 player. Imagine 11 players at once in that jail, all attempting to play the mini game...it just wouldn't work.

Click HERE for free films and games with the LoveFilm offers!

Offline spoz

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • Line12
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 11:02:24 PM »
1 player who finishes to bonus gets to play, I have a modified version that gives you hp rather than points, once you have failed a set number of times you get teleported to a gun room where you can "spend" the hp you earned from playing to get a gun, ofc, better guns cost more hp.
Players that fail are teleported to the room above the machine to watch the winner play.
But if u really wanna see a screwed up map take a look at that greatriver awesome 1... freaked the shit out of me... its like a child molestation adventure.....

di66erjonz

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 01:08:14 AM »
1 player who finishes to bonus gets to play, I have a modified version that gives you hp rather than points, once you have failed a set number of times you get teleported to a gun room where you can "spend" the hp you earned from playing to get a gun, ofc, better guns cost more hp.
Players that fail are teleported to the room above the machine to watch the winner play.

That sounds sick dude, That would be an awsome minigame, IMO.

Offline spoz

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • Line12
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 04:04:48 PM »
It's really fun, but I suggest a trigger_push downwards, and small (2 unit high) arrow triggers, so a quick hop/double tap is possible on each arrow.  And perhaps a small u/d/l/r arrow screen that lights up whichever arrow is currently stepped on...I sometimes start with the button I need currently pressed.  Either that or smaller triggers to compensate for how large the player's collision is.
Well if you manage to hit both arrows on a set it wont make any difference to points as it will class all visible on that set as 1, and more to the point I have no control over whats created, entirly random

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 12:33:47 AM »
I'd hate to bump,

But is it possible to get a vmf of this, the vmf I have of this doesn't have the textures, i've extracted the materials to the materials folder ( obviously ) but in game there are no textures.

Sorry for the nooby question. At least I used proper grammar .

Offline spoz

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • Line12
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 07:31:59 AM »
I'd hate to bump,

But is it possible to get a vmf of this, the vmf I have of this doesn't have the textures, i've extracted the materials to the materials folder ( obviously ) but in game there are no textures.

Sorry for the nooby question. At least I used proper grammar .

You mean that you decompiled it without my permission?

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 08:27:33 AM »
No, from your tutorial from FPSBanana

Offline Knife

• Jerker
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Stay Classy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 07:46:14 PM »
Or you can just go to BBQ's website and get the vmf from there. It's not the exact same as this one, but it's the one from xc_toonrun3
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 08:04:41 PM by Knife »
Why so Ryan?

Offline spoz

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • Line12
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 09:33:40 PM »
Or you can just go to BBQ's website and get the vmf from there. It's not the exact same as this one, but it's the one from xc_toonrun3
Bigbangs site is down, ive rehosted it though and as i've said, this version's materials are specifically set up for the brushwork. but the arrows for the fpsb version i'll up in a bit

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 03:37:22 AM »

Well, PM me when you do \

So souped up about adding your DDR machine to my map. Well, obviously, if you allow me to.. But yeah, If i can use it, I might modify it and put it in jail, so when you play the game and finish up to a certain point, it teleports you out... That would be sweet