Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: surf_rebirth  (Read 12209 times)

Offline vgshaman

• View Profile
surf_rebirth
« on: June 10, 2008, 12:37:20 PM »
Ok, this is going to be my first surf map.  There will be approximately five levels, and 2 jails.  I have one of the stages planned out.  Here's a pic of my spawn. I changed the spawn, because i thought that the colors were a bit strong, and so was the lighting.  The color red is being used more then usual lately, so i also changed the color to orange.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 01:47:09 AM by vgshaman »

Offline Zalos

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
Re: surf_rebirth
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 06:09:55 PM »
looks like the exact same textures as surf_ember lmso

Offline vgshaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 06:25:49 PM »
I agree the colors are similar, but it has a different skybox, and slightly different metals, but I will be using different textures then just those, so i promise the final product won't look much like surf_ember

Offline waffleburger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 07:12:34 PM »
oh its you haseo lol. i was wondering who you were >_>

also, turn off the hdr.

Offline apexi

• Bitch stole my popsickle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 08:01:25 PM »
the ss makes me feel as if im in a furnace
Your curves make me want to keep on going forever and ever.

Offline vgshaman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 12:51:05 PM »
Ok, I have my jail pretty much done, but I will not be able to map for a while because my bro fried the part of my graphics card that generates the color red.  So everything looks differant then it used to, and i don't want it to look like shit on everyone elses computer except mine.

Offline !nfamous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 02:16:09 PM »
my bro fried the part of my graphics card that generates the color red.

Ouch. that really sucks...

Offline spoz

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT DICKNOSE?
    • View Profile
    • Line12
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 06:12:08 PM »
Ok, I have my jail pretty much done, but I will not be able to map for a while because my bro fried the part of my graphics card that generates the color red.  So everything looks differant then it used to, and i don't want it to look like shit on everyone elses computer except mine.

Or he's just messed with the monitor settings or windows colour settings, you cant "burn out" a single colour, its none or all 3
But if u really wanna see a screwed up map take a look at that greatriver awesome 1... freaked the shit out of me... its like a child molestation adventure.....

Offline vgshaman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 06:43:27 PM »
Ok, since I'm new to mapping, I want to know what some of the good mappers/surfers out there think about my map.  Here's my first stage and spawn.  Please give constructive criticism.http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jt2xt3k7dtg

Offline Buck Nasty

• Surf Patrol
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bucknastysurf.net
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 06:58:14 PM »
The texture combination doesn't go with the skybox, you should consider changing the sky.

The first stage reminds me too much of the 3rd commune because you have to bunny hop. You should consider mixing it up a bit.

Offline vgshaman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 08:56:55 PM »
The texture combination doesn't go with the skybox, you should consider changing the sky.

The first stage reminds me too much of the 3rd commune because you have to bunny hop. You should consider mixing it up a bit.
You're right about the skybox, I'm looking for one to change it now.  Thanks \.  If many people believe its a rip off of commune three, then I'll add a couple obstacles, and maybe make the bhop move.

Offline vgshaman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 12:17:40 AM »
Will an admin please move this to dead surf.  I just don't think its original in anyway and is more hard then fun.  Thank you very much.