Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: surf_anime  (Read 10478 times)

Offline anubis

• bow down to the god of death
    • View Profile
surf_anime
« on: September 13, 2008, 08:42:40 PM »
i have not fully given up on this map but i've been waiting for inspiration for new stages for ages now and it isnt comming, i might end up finishing it in a few month's but then again i might end up never finishing it.

so now instead of letting it stay at risk of getting lost in a hard drive crash im uploading all the files that the map needs at this point (custom textures/sounds and the vtf) hope someone has a use for it bee it finishing the map, copying a part of it or seeing if they can learn something from it.

http://upload.solidsurf.info/download.php?file=76d008cb7b5eb4c309c0ee246b739980

here is a link to the original topic i made for the map, it contains pictures and a vid from the first stage jail http://forums.solidsurf.info/index.php/topic,1520.0.html

if someone douse decide to finish the map or use a part of it i dont want any credits but i would like a heads up so i can see what was done with it (don't worry im good at keeping opinions to my self)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 06:27:04 AM by anubis »

Offline vgshaman

• View Profile
Re: surf_anime
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 02:54:12 PM »
Sad to see this map go  \.  However, if the problem with it was water indices, i wanted to try it, and it took a long time to compile because it took up 77 percent of water indices.  After func_detailing it lowered to 17 percent.  So if that was part of your problem (because your ideas couldn't work because of too many water indices)  Func_detail it

Offline anubis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 07:15:25 PM »
hmmm thats weird didnt have any problems with it when i was still working on it...

never noticed anything wrong with the water and i always figured the compile time was becouse of the lights... then again i dont realy know what water indices are ~,~

but what problem are u referring to? the only problem i had with the map was that i couldnt think of any stages.

and what was left to func_detail... i thought i had put every possible thing in func detail.

ps kickass haseo sig u got there .hack ftw!!! even though they never seem to have a real end -,- \

Offline Sangre

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 07:43:22 PM »
water indices  has nothing to do with water \

Offline Knife

• Jerker
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Stay Classy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 12:26:20 AM »
water indices  has nothing to do with water \

Way to not help hun.

Water indices, according to Roosta (he once said), is when you have a bunch of really complex geometry next to each other.

You'd have to ask him for the fix, I don't really know because I've never had the problem.
Why so Ryan?

Offline Paper-Cut

• Surf Patrol
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Roll up
    • View Profile
    • TAG Servers
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 01:52:51 AM »
Way to not help hun.

Water indices, according to Roosta (he once said), is when you have a bunch of really complex geometry next to each other.

You'd have to ask him for the fix, I don't really know because I've never had the problem.

There is no fix. Your ramps are too smooth. They're the reason Eclipse wasn't longer.
I make my maps with Microsoft Paint.

Offline anubis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 06:26:19 AM »
so basicly they occur when your trying to make your map to complex... atleast it gets compiled \ which is doesn't if u got to many t-juctions

but if this is already becoming a problem at this stage then there wouldn't be a chance that it would work when it was finished.

but erm is there any performance impact becouse of them or doesn't it go any further then a long compile time, becouse i did a short beta test on nl-noob and i didn't hear anybody complain about performance issues. even the one's from which i know they don't have a powerfull system (1.7Ghz P4, 512 ram and a 5200FX)

Offline vgshaman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 11:26:17 AM »
so basicly they occur when your trying to make your map to complex... atleast it gets compiled \ which is doesn't if u got to many t-juctions

but if this is already becoming a problem at this stage then there wouldn't be a chance that it would work when it was finished.

but erm is there any performance impact becouse of them or doesn't it go any further then a long compile time, becouse i did a short beta test on nl-noob and i didn't hear anybody complain about performance issues. even the one's from which i know they don't have a powerfull system (1.7Ghz P4, 512 ram and a 5200FX)
It doesn't have a major impact on how you perform in game.  It just makes the compile time longer.