Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: surf_roof-tops  (Read 57691 times)

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
Re: surf_roof-tops
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 04:45:15 PM »
you must have COMPLETELY missed the rest of the thread

He does that...

Offline Buck Nasty

• Surf Patrol
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bucknastysurf.net
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 04:54:46 PM »
finish this!

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
  • [insert witty comment hear]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 06:14:13 PM »
im working on it
dont worry
ill have an update ready for you guys on Sunday or Monday
hopefully anyways

Offline Sangfroid

• ~Kyuun~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 06:48:39 PM »
i think you should change the building textures, well.. they look so.. repeating. not to mention, far too many windows near each other.. maybe add some trim/detal around certain points down the building, and make the scale look more normal.. the screenshot from jail looks nice but the buildings in the main surf are fugly.. perhaps you could add a few giant billboards? a more 3D feel with some lower buildings/height variation? i don't know, just seems rather basic considering some of the city maps out there.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 06:55:12 PM by Sangfroid »

~i copied this from someone else. it's awesome~

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 07:27:31 PM »

i tried to keep the old school feel of the map as well, thus no lights, and simple textureing

need i say more?

good suggestions none the less, ill consider it

Offline Buck Nasty

• Surf Patrol
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bucknastysurf.net
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2009, 08:16:41 PM »
i think you should change the building textures, well.. they look so.. repeating. not to mention, far too many windows near each other.. maybe add some trim/detal around certain points down the building, and make the scale look more normal.. the screenshot from jail looks nice but the buildings in the main surf are fugly.. perhaps you could add a few giant billboards? a more 3D feel with some lower buildings/height variation? i don't know, just seems rather basic considering some of the city maps out there.
x2

Offline spoz

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT DICKNOSE?
    • View Profile
    • Line12
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2009, 08:18:18 PM »
But if u really wanna see a screwed up map take a look at that greatriver awesome 1... freaked the shit out of me... its like a child molestation adventure.....

Offline Paper-Cut

• Surf Patrol
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Roll up
    • View Profile
    • TAG Servers
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2009, 08:49:16 PM »
I like naughty walls.
I make my maps with Microsoft Paint.

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2009, 10:59:21 PM »
doing good walls every where would be a night mare, but since you guys seem so taken with the idea, ill give it a shot

Offline spoz

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • Line12
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2009, 01:53:13 AM »
Theres no need to add the third dimension everywhere like on my example, just not repeating windows on a 3000x3000x3000, they weren't intended for that. This is why there is, for exaple, textures named wall008a,wall008b, and wall008c they should be used in conjunction with each other.
But if u really wanna see a screwed up map take a look at that greatriver awesome 1... freaked the shit out of me... its like a child molestation adventure.....

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2009, 02:51:42 AM »
ya, but see theirs one lil problem
I'm lazy as shit
and that does get in the way
from time to time.

having that shitty
The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."
error that everyone hates

Offline spoz

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • Line12
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2009, 02:58:14 AM »
ya, but see theirs one lil problem
I'm lazy as shit
and that does get in the way
from time to time.

having that shitty
error that everyone hates

that means vbsp failed to complete its part in the compile process, post up a log.

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2009, 03:23:07 AM »
its the same problem i got before
i know how to fix
(but its not working)(still)

Offline spoz

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • Line12
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2009, 12:59:03 PM »
manually remove the BID?

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2009, 01:11:51 PM »
don't know what that means spoz
ill post a log
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 01:13:24 PM by svbg869 »

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2009, 01:27:45 PM »
Code: [Select]
** Executing...
** Command: "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Dec 11 2006)
2 threads
materialPath: c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.vmf
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
Processing areas...Wrote C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.lin

Brush 3443: areaportal brush doesn't touch two areas

Brush 3443: areaportal brush doesn't touch two areas

Brush 3424: areaportal brush doesn't touch two areas

Brush 3442: areaportal brush doesn't touch two areas

Brush 3442: areaportal brush doesn't touch two areas
done (1)
Building Faces...done (0)
Chop Details...done (0)
Find Visible Detail Sides...
Merged 518 detail faces...done (0)
Merging details...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (0)
writing C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.prt...Brush 0: FloatPlane: bad normal
Side 0
Texture: Not a Parse error!

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\counter-strike source\cstrike" -fast "C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Nov  8 2007)
fastvis = true
2 threads
reading c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.bsp
Error opening c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters:  -game "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\counter-strike source\cstrike" -noextra "C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Nov  8 2007)
----- Radiosity Simulator ----
2 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[1 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.bsp
Error opening c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.bsp" "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.bsp"

i thought i deleted thos area portals XD
ahh well, ignore them errors
hear it is with out them
** Executing...
** Command: "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b"

2 threads
materialPath: c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.vmf
Processing areas...done (0)
Chop Details...done (0)
Merged 518 detail faces...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (0)
writing C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.prt...Brush 0: FloatPlane: bad normal
Side 0

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\counter-strike source\cstrike" -fast "C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b"

fastvis = true
2 threads
reading c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters:  -game "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\counter-strike source\cstrike" -noextra "C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b"

2 threads

Loading c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.bsp

** Executing...
** Parameters: "C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.bsp" "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\surf_roof-tops-beta2b.bsp"

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 01:31:28 PM by svbg869 »

Offline spoz

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • Line12
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2009, 01:33:08 PM »
try deleting those areaportals, see if that sorts it

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2009, 01:43:02 PM »
the second compile is without them

Offline spoz

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • Line12
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2009, 02:28:54 PM »
C+P everything into a new VMF, there shouldn't be a brush 0, nor a plane 0

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2009, 03:40:51 PM »
** Executing...
** Parameters: -game "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\counter-strike source\cstrike" "C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops_beta3"

2 threads
Loading C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops_beta3.vmf
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (1)
Chop Details...done (0)
Merged 512 detail faces...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (0)
writing C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops_beta3.prt...Brush 0: FloatPlane: bad normal
Side 0

** Executing...
** Parameters: -game "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\counter-strike source\cstrike" -fast "C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops_beta3"

fastvis = true
2 threads
reading c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops_beta3.bsp
Error opening c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops_beta3.bsp

** Executing...
** Parameters:  -game "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\counter-strike source\cstrike" -noextra "C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops_beta3"

2 threads

Loading c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops_beta3.bsp
Error opening c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops_beta3.bsp

** Executing...
** Parameters: "C:\Documents and Settings\svbg869\My Documents\CS Source\SteamApps\deathborn1\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops_beta3.bsp" "c:\documents and settings\svbg869\my documents\cs source\steamapps\deathborn1\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\surf_roof-tops_beta3.bsp"

same error

Offline spoz

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • Line12
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2009, 03:50:56 PM »
Do you vertex manip your ramps? thats the only possible source for this error type

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2009, 03:54:04 PM »
no, and i know, i went back and deleted all vertex manipulated stuffs, then redid it via clipping
must have missed something tho, just might cordon compile area by area to find it

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2009, 07:20:50 PM »
wow arjen, did you not read the above few posts? because you are a complete idiot for posting that

there is no such thing as brush 0, there never is
and i already know how to fix the error, i just don't want to, it will be quite boring

Offline Power-Fusion

• The Local Nudist
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Hot Dickings!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2009, 04:27:54 AM »
didnt this happen once already!!?
spoz: I like my women how i like my filesystems... FAT and 16

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2009, 12:21:20 PM »
yes it did, i managed to find the ramps that i had forgotten that i vertex manipulated
this time however, i cant seem to find em.

Offline Power-Fusion

• The Local Nudist
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Hot Dickings!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2009, 11:08:28 PM »
why not just remake all the ramps  \

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2009, 11:49:18 PM »
no
just no
im positive its not a ramp, im thinking its a non-ramp brush that i dont remember manipulating

and don't even suggest remaking all the brushes, no way in hell

Offline Power-Fusion

• The Local Nudist
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Hot Dickings!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2009, 04:12:57 AM »
why dont you remake all the things that could have any possibility of ruining your compile?

Offline spoz

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • Line12
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2009, 06:51:36 AM »
no
just no
im positive its not a ramp, im thinking its a non-ramp brush that i dont remember manipulating

and don't even suggest remaking all the brushes, no way in hell
Select everything with the same texture as the ramps > delete > compile

If it works, its a ramp \

Offline Helix

• ASOT 600!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2009, 09:09:11 AM »
or else its a disaster ;]

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2009, 08:44:24 PM »
Select everything with the same texture as the ramps > delete > compile

If it works, its a ramp \
did this
still got error

Offline Power-Fusion

• The Local Nudist
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Hot Dickings!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2009, 11:17:43 PM »

Offline Knife

• Jerker
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Stay Classy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2009, 02:53:45 PM »
did this
still got error
Then apply the same concept with cordons but delete everything else instead of the ramps. (Obviously)
Why so Ryan?

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2014, 07:11:29 AM »
** Executing...
** Command: "H:\installed games\SteamApps\common\counter-strike source\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "H:\installed games\SteamApps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike" "H:\installed games\SteamApps\common\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta3.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Aug 30 2013)
2 threads
materialPath: H:\installed games\SteamApps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading H:\installed games\SteamApps\common\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta3.vmf
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Could not locate 'GameData' key in h:\installed games\steamapps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike\gameinfo.txt
**** leaked ****
Entity trigger_teleport (-1984.00 -4108.00 160.00) leaked!

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (2560.0 -5120.0 0.0)
Leaf 0 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID
Leaf 1 contents:
viscontents (node 0 contents ^ node 1 contents): CONTENTS_SOLID
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (2560.0 -4096.0 0.0)
Leaf 0 contents:
Leaf 1 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (3072.0 -4608.0 0.0)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (1536.0 -5120.0 0.0)
Leaf 1 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (1536.0 -4096.0 0.0)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (512.0 -5120.0 0.0)
Leaf 1 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (512.0 -4096.0 0.0)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (-512.0 -5120.0 0.0)
Leaf 1 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

*** Suppressing further FindPortalSide errors.... ***
Chop Details...done (0)
Merged 680 detail faces...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (0)
Creating default LDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
   skybox/italy*.vmt
 ! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
Creating default HDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
   skybox/italy*.vmt
 ! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
Finding displacement neighbors...
Finding lightmap sample positions...
Displacement Alpha : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
Building Physics collision data...
done (1) (314085 bytes)
Placing detail props : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
Compacting texture/material tables...
Reduced 2135 texinfos to 1581
Reduced 42 texdatas to 32 (1486 bytes to 910)
Writing H:\installed games\SteamApps\common\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta3.bsp
3 seconds elapsed

** Executing...
** Command: "H:\installed games\SteamApps\common\counter-strike source\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "H:\installed games\SteamApps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike" -fast "H:\installed games\SteamApps\common\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta3"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Aug 27 2013)
fastvis = true
2 threads
reading h:\installed games\steamapps\common\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta3.bsp
reading h:\installed games\steamapps\common\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta3.prt
LoadPortals: couldn't read h:\installed games\steamapps\common\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta3.prt

** Executing...
** Command: "H:\installed games\SteamApps\common\counter-strike source\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters:  -game "H:\installed games\SteamApps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike" -noextra "H:\installed games\SteamApps\common\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta3"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Sep 16 2013)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     
2 threads
[2 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading h:\installed games\steamapps\common\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta3.bsp
No vis information, direct lighting only.
Setting up ray-trace acceleration structure... Done (0.46 seconds)
6628 faces
51 degenerate faces
4727169 square feet [680712320.00 square inches]
0 Displacements
0 Square Feet [0.00 Square Inches]
0 direct lights
BuildFacelights:     0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (2)
Build Patch/Sample Hash Table(s).....Done<0.2197 sec>
FinalLightFace:      0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (9)
FinalLightFace Done
0 of 0 (0% of) surface lights went in leaf ambient cubes.
ThreadComputeLeafAmbient: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (22)
Writing leaf ambient...done
Ready to Finish

Object names       Objects/Maxobjs  Memory / Maxmem  Fullness
------------       ---------------  ---------------  --------
models                  87/1024         4176/49152    ( 8.5%)
brushes                826/8192         9912/98304    (10.1%)
brushsides            6255/65536       50040/524288   ( 9.5%)
planes                5182/65536      103640/1310720  ( 7.9%)
vertexes              9486/65536      113832/786432   (14.5%)
nodes                 1785/65536       57120/2097152  ( 2.7%)
texinfos              1581/12288      113832/884736   (12.9%)
texdata                 32/2048         1024/65536    ( 1.6%)
dispinfos                0/0               0/0        ( 0.0%)
disp_verts               0/0               0/0        ( 0.0%)
disp_tris                0/0               0/0        ( 0.0%)
disp_lmsamples           0/0               0/0        ( 0.0%)
faces                 6628/65536      371168/3670016  (10.1%)
hdr faces                0/65536           0/3670016  ( 0.0%)
origfaces             3043/65536      170408/3670016  ( 4.6%)
leaves                1873/65536       59936/2097152  ( 2.9%)
leaffaces             8941/65536       17882/131072   (13.6%)
leafbrushes           1956/65536        3912/131072   ( 3.0%)
areas                    2/256            16/2048     ( 0.8%)
surfedges            44005/512000     176020/2048000  ( 8.6%)
edges                25422/256000     101688/1024000  ( 9.9%)
LDR worldlights          0/8192            0/720896   ( 0.0%)
HDR worldlights          0/8192            0/720896   ( 0.0%)
leafwaterdata           10/32768         120/393216   ( 0.0%)
waterstrips            840/32768        8400/327680   ( 2.6%)
waterverts               0/65536           0/786432   ( 0.0%)
waterindices         14925/65536       29850/131072   (22.8%)
cubemapsamples           0/1024            0/16384    ( 0.0%)
overlays                 0/512             0/180224   ( 0.0%)
LDR lightdata         [variable]     9965808/0        ( 0.0%)
HDR lightdata         [variable]           0/0        ( 0.0%)
visdata               [variable]           0/16777216 ( 0.0%)
entdata               [variable]       64362/393216   (16.4%)
LDR ambient table     1873/65536        7492/262144   ( 2.9%)
HDR ambient table     1873/65536        7492/262144   ( 2.9%)
LDR leaf ambient      1351/65536       37828/1835008  ( 2.1%)
HDR leaf ambient      1873/65536       52444/1835008  ( 2.9%)
occluders                0/0               0/0        ( 0.0%)
occluder polygons        0/0               0/0        ( 0.0%)
occluder vert ind        0/0               0/0        ( 0.0%)
detail props          [variable]           1/12       ( 8.3%)
static props          [variable]           1/12       ( 8.3%)
pakfile               [variable]      176559/0        ( 0.0%)
physics               [variable]      314085/4194304  ( 7.5%)
physics terrain       [variable]           2/1048576  ( 0.0%)

Level flags = 0

Total triangle count: 18734
Writing h:\installed games\steamapps\common\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta3.bsp
33 seconds elapsed

** Executing...
** Parameters: "H:\installed games\SteamApps\common\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\surf_roof-tops-beta3.bsp" "H:\installed games\SteamApps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\surf_roof-tops-beta3.bsp"

sooooooo i updated this, heres a drop box of the compile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhjhkfz8ye6qg2k/surf_roof-tops-beta3.bsp

no new screens, honestly you guys know what it looks like.
you can consider this final, im going to test it now and the only way ill do an update is if its horribly broken.

Offline The call me queer

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2014, 12:48:57 AM »
I can already tell you it is horribly broken.

Offline Arblarg

• I map
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2014, 08:14:31 PM »

sooooooo i updated this, heres a drop box of the compile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhjhkfz8ye6qg2k/surf_roof-tops-beta3.bsp

no new screens, honestly you guys know what it looks like.
you can consider this final, im going to test it now and the only way ill do an update is if its horribly broken.
I can now see why you never intended for this map to have light, as with all your maps. Because you have no clue what you're doing at all.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Your_First_Map

Please go back to the basics and find out how a compile log is supposed to look. TL;DR - If VRAD or any other pocess doesn't run, your map is not complete

Offline NamedPlayer

• http://i.imgur.com/BvAuO.jpg
    • View Profile
    • iSpawnedThere
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2014, 02:16:47 PM »
you must have COMPLETELY missed the rest of the thread

Agreed. Lighting would complete the map.