Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Useless stuff  (Read 65143 times)

Offline Sangfroid

• ~Kyuun~
    • View Profile
Re: Useless stuff
« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2012, 10:40:54 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgmf1JjQ-4s

Useless.
that was really cool! especially the line segment generation (assuming that's what you used to generate the drawn strokes in the final output). i have been inspired to create effects programatically aswell from your bhop_miku_v2 map, so it was good to see some more creativity from you. there's something about a cool visual output in source that makes the work worthwhile (..kind of \) :> ciao~

~i copied this from someone else. it's awesome~

Offline Aoki

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2012, 01:15:51 AM »
that was really cool! especially the line segment generation (assuming that's what you used to generate the drawn strokes in the final output). i have been inspired to create effects programatically aswell from your bhop_miku_v2 map, so it was good to see some more creativity from you. there's something about a cool visual output in source that makes the work worthwhile (..kind of \) :> ciao~

Yes, the line segments are the ultimate goal of the image processing, which is used to generate the output for Source.  I'd have to play with settings and possibly Photoshop the original image beforehand if I wanted to get better results.  The project is quite old and I just wanted to throw a video together before laying it to rest.  Here's a screen of the Matlab application that I made: http://i.imgur.com/w0WsD.png

There are still plenty of cool things that can be done with programatic mapping.  I like to see more projects of this nature that do completely new things with Source.

Offline Electric™

• Elect Rick
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2012, 06:49:40 PM »
Just finished a week long course on unreal engine 3 (A free real time editing game engine www.udk.com)..  Only problem is my computer at home can't quite handle it.. Anyway here's what I came up with during the course, so besides looking nice as a portfolio piece this doesn't have much use unless someone wants to try it out

If you have the engine and want to mess around with it I can send you a download
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:14:35 PM by Electric™ »