Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: new td_ map  (Read 3360 times)

Offline bravesurf

• Yarly!
    • View Profile
new td_ map
« on: September 17, 2010, 09:08:35 PM »
Thought I'd just make a thread, might motivate me to finish this sooner than planned.
This is the same concept as my last td maps, but it has a lot of improvements.
1# The gameplay is different. You spawn in a bunker protected by a powershield. The players' objective is to kill the zombies before they crash into the shield. The shield can sustain up to 15 hits. There are 4 hallways leading to the bunker; north, south, east, west. How many of the hallways are open, depends on how many players there are in the game. 1 for each player. If there are more than 4 players, the amount of zombies will increase. Because of the limited selection of models that suit the theme, it's hard to divide the game into difficulty levels, but I might get that to work aswell.
2# The zombies move along path_tracks which make them move more smoothly and face the right direction at all times.
3# Headshots count, and headshots effect the main body hitbox.
4# I'm working on bloodeffects for when bullets hit the zombies. I also plan to add a "ondeath" animation of the zombie dying, but I can't figure out how to turn the prop_dynamic into a prop_ragdoll on AnimationEnd. Anyway, hopefully the realism of the map will be better than in the previous maps.

I'll post screenies once I have something to show. Atm I've just been working on the system, but it's coming along pretty smoothly.
There are a couple of things I need help with though.
1# The ragdoll problem.
2# I need testers.
3# I need server to test it on.

Testing etc won't be for a while, but it'd be nice to know who's interested.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:10:33 PM by bravesurf »

Offline Egan

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio/Project Hub
Re: new td_ map
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 08:26:56 PM »
Awesome!

I love your td maps. (Even tho i play them on tf2 :])

Id like to see where this ends up!

Good luck man! \

Offline bravesurf

• Yarly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 11:09:40 PM »
Thanks \

Thought it was time for an update. I still only have entity work done, but I have a basic theme in mind, and a spawn pretty much done.
I sorta don't want people to see much of the map before beta, but here are some things I've made so far.
Players start in a room where they get instructions on what's to follow. An elevator arrives and takes them to a room where they can choose their weapons.
All weapons have unlimited ammo. Next, they get teleported to the arena and "let the games begin". When teleported, the players get counted, and the difficulty will get set. There are 4 hallways leading to where the players are. How many of them get opened depends on how many players there are, 1 for each player. If there are more than 4 players, each lane will have more zombies. So if there are 6 players, all 4 lanes will be open, and 2 of them will have twice as many zombies. Max players will be 8 or 12. That'll be decided during the testing aswell.
Zombies can take a certain amount of hits before they die. A shield protects the players from zombies that don't get killed, but it can only sustain up to a certain amount of zombies hitting it. How much dmg the zombies, and the shield, can take will be decided during the betatesting. For now it's 15 hits per zombie, and 10 hits on the shield.

Offline Lightning

• There's no need to elaborate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 12:42:12 PM »
3# I need server to test it on.

Thatīs no more a problem for you :p

I give you one. Slots are wayne and fps1000.

Offline Power-Fusion

• The Local Nudist
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Hot Dickings!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 07:48:46 AM »
out overly empty gun game surf is up for grabs too, we just use it for testing now, so let me or skittles know if you want it
spoz: I like my women how i like my filesystems... FAT and 16

Offline bravesurf

• Yarly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 01:15:05 AM »
Thatīs no more a problem for you :p
I give you one. Slots are wayne and fps1000.
out overly empty gun game surf is up for grabs too, we just use it for testing now, so let me or skittles know if you want it
awesome, thanks \ I'll ask one of you when the time comes.