Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[May 29, 2017, 03:03:43 PM] Orange: Wtf is this shit

[May 29, 2017, 03:04:35 PM] Orange: I just arrived at work for a 3 hour shift

[May 29, 2017, 03:26:30 PM] Orange: And they tell me that theres nothing to do for the first 2 hours

[May 29, 2017, 03:26:44 PM] Orange: Im literally getting paid to do nothing

[May 30, 2017, 12:34:17 AM] S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: sounds like my job

[June 03, 2017, 01:06:15 PM] Knife: Rayan

[June 03, 2017, 01:07:05 PM] Knife: Does anyone know who made skyworld, leet, and gauntlet? 

[June 04, 2017, 03:48:52 AM] S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: some niggy from brokensurf

[June 04, 2017, 03:48:52 AM] S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: ~_~

[June 10, 2017, 07:23:25 PM] fr3shz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skegrTvlu-Q

[June 12, 2017, 08:39:53 PM] Kiiru: sweet

[June 14, 2017, 05:12:01 PM] S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: wew

Author Topic: surf_no_name_yet  (Read 12371 times)

Offline shaker

• View Profile
surf_no_name_yet
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:42:21 PM »
I have got together a few people to make a collab which consists of 5 stages and a bonus, here is my stage (far from finished)
Please excuse the bad graphics, i play on the lowest res \
Any interest in making the spawn or bonus pm me \

Offline Justin.UK

• View Profile
Re: surf_no_name_yet
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 04:47:29 PM »
my stage in the collab \ near finished  \

Offline ChiChiN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 05:26:17 PM »
surf_weed/ surf_marihuana/ surf_ganja

Offline shaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 05:50:02 PM »
surf_weed/ surf_marihuana/ surf_ganja

Well this is only 1 stage it maybe wouldn't make sense lol i was thinking surf_schizophrenic  \

Offline shaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 06:59:15 PM »
Totally reworked all the walls and lighting now it looks better but ive only had a few hours to mess around:

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 08:18:26 PM »
I'd be lying if I said it looked fun. I don't know about those tiny bhops : / I would consider trying to make a stage based on smoothness and perfection when hitting the ramps, not fast turns, hops and glass walls that are hard to see. I wish you the best of luck with your map, but these forums are pretty fed up with collabs (skill maps in general I guess) So if you are trying to make a collab, try to make something enjoyable, fun and special. Otherwise, prepare for a shitstorm. \

Offline shaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »
I'd be lying if I said it looked fun. I don't know about those tiny bhops : / I would consider trying to make a stage based on smoothness and perfection when hitting the ramps, not fast turns, hops and glass walls that are hard to see. I wish you the best of luck with your map, but these forums are pretty fed up with collabs (skill maps in general I guess) So if you are trying to make a collab, try to make something enjoyable, fun and special. Otherwise, prepare for a shitstorm. \

Too much input dude its my first surf map might I add what do you expect?  You might be some sort of SDK genius but my aim is to have fun when making maps and i really think you aught to consider your statement about people being fed up with skill maps due to the fact that 7 out of the last 10 maps posted on this forum are skill maps, oh and would you look at that, one of them is yours!

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 02:04:46 PM »
Too much input dude its my first surf map might I add what do you expect?  You might be some sort of SDK genius but my aim is to have fun when making maps and i really think you aught to consider your statement about people being fed up with skill maps due to the fact that 7 out of the last 10 maps posted on this forum are skill maps, oh and would you look at that, one of them is yours!

Wow, way to deal with feedback smart ass. Don't you dear think you know more about this place than I do. The majority of the members on this forum are good mappers. Mappers that are creative and make a lot of good maps. I did give you proper feedback with tips on how to improve your stage, and you respond with this? If you can't take feedback, get the fuck off this site. Why else would you post images of a work in progress? No one gives a shit about skill collabs anymore. Most of the people on this site don't LIKE THEM! You wouldn't understand; you being new here. Don't come to this site with an attitude like that, this site is going down the drain because of people like you. Make something that's fun to surf, and if you are new to hammer, your main goal should be to make maps that are fun, not good looking ones. That's what surf is about..

Offline DESE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 02:37:28 PM »
Since I've been here, 80% of the new ripple threads always start with the words 'collab' and 'x stages' and 'bonus'...

I'm tired of this fucking skill surf loop thing.

If you are hoping to see this map on many servers when you finish it (no don't tell me it's 100% for fun you WOULD think about releasing it when finished), start coming up with some new ideas real fast. \

Now I'm going to grab a cold beer and play some cool css combat surf.

A newer topic about a skill map with a theme would really give me suicidal tendencies right now...
--
I'm serious, be productive or gtfo.
--
[/

Offline Jon.../

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 04:36:38 PM »
give me suicidal tendencies right now...

Pretty sure your local pharmacist could help you out if your really thinking of it....

Offline shaker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 04:45:08 PM »
Wow, way to deal with feedback smart ass. Don't you dear think you know more about this place than I do. The majority of the members on this forum are good mappers. Mappers that are creative and make a lot of good maps. I did give you proper feedback with tips on how to improve your stage, and you respond with this? If you can't take feedback, get the fuck off this site. Why else would you post images of a work in progress? No one gives a shit about skill collabs anymore. Most of the people on this site don't LIKE THEM! You wouldn't understand; you being new here. Don't come to this site with an attitude like that, this site is going down the drain because of people like you. Make something that's fun to surf, and if you are new to hammer, your main goal should be to make maps that are fun, not good looking ones. That's what surf is about..

For your information I never once asked for criticism weather it be good or bad it was more for the people involved to have a look at what they are working with.  You think because you have been on the forum longer means you have a better knowledge about surfing and what people want?  I don't think so, if the case was that people were tired of skill maps then answer this, why are they still being posted and being the MAJORITY of threads in this forum like DESE said:

Since I've been here, 80% of the new ripple threads always start with the words 'collab' and 'x stages' and 'bonus'...

Obviously I would love for one of my maps to get onto a server you think I create a map for it to sit in my damn CSS folder and that be it, ovcourse not come on.

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 04:52:37 PM »
What the fuck is wrong with this guy? LoL, lightning + rajan without the shitty grammar.

Offline shaker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 04:59:42 PM »
What the fuck is wrong with this guy? LoL, lightning + rajan without the shitty grammar.

Now you decide to point out my bad grammar instead of the topic in which we started on, that gives the impression I have won this debate. Sorry I'm not up to your spectacles and spots standard.

Offline ChiChiN

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 05:28:53 PM »
I have won this debate.

This forum isn't about winning debates. This forum is about mapping. Would be good to understand to this fact first.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:30:35 PM by ChiChiN »

Offline DESE

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 05:40:05 PM »
This forum is about mapping

and also about dealing with any criticism, positive or negative.

I had to learn it the hard way as well  \
--
--
[/

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 06:10:04 PM »
Now you decide to point out my bad grammar instead of the topic in which we started on, that gives the impression I have won this debate. Sorry I'm not up to your spectacles and spots standard.

You fucking idiot!! I did not say you had bad grammar, learn to read? Every post I have written so far, you have totally misunderstood and replied with a shitty attitude. Why don't you get the fuck off of these forums, you have no use of this forum; You do not want feedback, you can't handle feedback and you have a shitty attitude. GTFO!

Lightning: A retard already on this forum
Rajan: A previous retard on this forum.

I meant with my previous post that you were as retarded as both of those combined, but your grammar was better. Because they have shitty grammar.

Until you actually come up with something worth looking at in hammer, I'll come back. But there is no way I'm going to try and give you tips on how to improve. Learn to appreciate more experienced mappers input. How do you think you're going to be any better unless you can take feedback.

Shaker: The new forum moron.

Offline The-Goose

• the reality of ragers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 06:21:44 PM »
Razer: Becoming the forum douchebag, one day at a time.

I seriously think this thread needs a cleanup, Paper-Cut it I presume?

Any way both of you just need to chill out, this community is here to provide supporting criticism on the surf maps we make. Razer maybe try not to be so straight forward with whats bad with a new members map, point out the good that you see, and tell what needs to be improved on the bad. Shaker, try no to start anything with senior members or elites, I understand that wasn't you're intention in the first place.

(P.S. It's the fucking internet, don't be a grammar nazi.)

Quote from: MachINE
So thinking about rainbows was I.
Quote from: I'm charming. (Ryan S)
fuck yeah bjs
4:20 AM - The-Goose | κѕғ: we're rollin a fuckload of blunt

Offline shaker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 07:08:59 PM »
Razer: Becoming the forum douchebag, one day at a time.

I seriously think this thread needs a cleanup, Paper-Cut it I presume?

Any way both of you just need to chill out, this community is here to provide supporting criticism on the surf maps we make. Razer maybe try not to be so straight forward with whats bad with a new members map, point out the good that you see, and tell what needs to be improved on the bad. Shaker, try no to start anything with senior members or elites, I understand that wasn't you're intention in the first place.

(P.S. It's the fucking internet, don't be a grammar nazi.)

I agree, I am being a little disruptive but you call Razer a 'Senior or elite' I don't see why you put that across like he deserves more respect from people like me that have just joined, ive known about these forums for ages and its not like i was born yestarday I know what they are about and if i wanted criticism I would have said something like 'Heres my stage, what do you think about it?'  The way I see it is me and Razer have different opinions obviously, he likes combat I like skill, and if thats what he agrees on then maybe he shouldn't give advice on people like me posting stage skill maps.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:11:01 PM by shaker »

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 07:25:42 PM »
I agree, I am being a little disruptive but you call Razer a 'Senior or elite' I don't see why you put that across like he deserves more respect from people like me that have just joined, ive known about these forums for ages and its not like i was born yestarday I know what they are about and if i wanted criticism I would have said something like 'Heres my stage, what do you think about it?'  The way I see it is me and Razer have different opinions obviously, he likes combat I like skill, and if thats what he agrees on then maybe he shouldn't give advice on people like me posting stage skill maps.

You know nothing about me, wow how am I the only one seeing how stupid this guy is?
I like skill surf more than combat as a matter of fact. Don't come here thinking you know shit. You don't. I was being constructive, and you were being the douchebag to start off with. I'm a "elite" member of the site, because I'm in the "mapping squad" which must mean that I'm not very very bad at what I do. I'm no grammar nazi, I think your grammar is good, chill the fuck out. And The-Goose.. I did tell him what I thought of it, I gave him tips on how to improve it, and I wished him good luck. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

And I'm sure you won't understand anything of what I'm saying. Perhaps you're on drugs, considering you think Marijuana is so cool, judging by your avatar and forum signature. - Moron.

You're no mapper, you're a prejudicing bitch. Get your "map" out of the ripples section if you don't want feedback (You can't handle feedback you little punk) and you don't want any opinions on it. Why the fuck would you post it on a mapping forum then? Did you think your stage was so fucking good that we were going to be amazed and worship you when you showed us pictures of that piece of shit?

- On that note I'll leave you alone, you basement dwelling dipshit.

Offline The-Goose

• the reality of ragers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 07:32:24 PM »
That's no way for someone who is supposed to representing this community to act bro.

Striker, nice map. I am hoping that the other members will be posting screenshots of their stages as well?

Smoke weed all day, every day.

fuck yeah bjs

Offline shaker

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 07:39:23 PM »
You fucking idiot!! I did not say you had bad grammar, learn to read? Every post I have written so far, you have totally misunderstood and replied with a shitty attitude. Why don't you get the fuck off of these forums, you have no use of this forum; You do not want feedback, you can't handle feedback and you have a shitty attitude. GTFO!

Lightning: A retard already on this forum
Rajan: A previous retard on this forum.

I meant with my previous post that you were as retarded as both of those combined, but your grammar was better. Because they have shitty grammar.

Until you actually come up with something worth looking at in hammer, I'll come back. But there is no way I'm going to try and give you tips on how to improve. Learn to appreciate more experienced mappers input. How do you think you're going to be any better unless you can take feedback.

Shaker: The new forum moron.

I'm not going to bother.

Goose I will get onto those screenshots but I can only promis a few  \

Offline shaker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 08:03:36 PM »

Offline The-Goose

• the reality of ragers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 08:06:30 PM »

fuck yeah bjs

Offline shaker

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 08:07:33 PM »
I hope he's not done \

Just getting started  \

Offline DESE

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 10:46:27 PM »
ok so the map will be named surf_sandman_v3 or what ?? ->
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/309/collabstage0002.jpg

I can give you the advice to only start posting if you already have something, more or less. I mean don't post a room with a ramp in it. And if that room with only one ramp in it immediately reminds me of an existing map, then I really don't know what to do with myself anymore... \

--
--
[/

Offline Exither.

• Modders
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 11:17:09 PM »
ok so the map will be named surf_sandman_v3 or what ?? ->
I can give you the advice to only start posting if you already have something, more or less. I mean don't post a room with a ramp in it. And if that room with only one ramp in it immediately reminds me of an existing map, then I really don't know what to do with myself anymore... \

could you mean sandman  \

Offline FAJ

• Flying Badger Man
  • Admin
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • GAJ
    • View Profile
    • NY-Surf
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 01:31:50 PM »
\ This got out of hand really quickly

Still laughing at the response to halfway-polite criticism with "Too much input dude"

Its my first map bro! Don't give me a lot of input!  \

Shout Box