Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (Update 10/16) Series of Four - My new company  (Read 5158 times)

Offline Electric™

• Elect Rick
    • View Profile
(Update 10/16) Series of Four - My new company
« on: March 19, 2011, 04:37:25 PM »
Scroll Down For Update!

Series of Four
-A business experiment

Check it out at www.Seriesof4.com

Sunglasses and Lanyards are now in stock-

Be Eco-friendly with So4 Recycled Sunglasses! Click Here!

Sunglasses come in ketchup red, and black. You can choose from either solid or mix-match pairs. Mix-Match is a mix of both red and black for a couple extra bucks. They come in both red with black arms or black with red arms.

Never lose your keys again with a So4 Lanyard! Click Here!

Lanyards come in ketchup red, hot pink, royal blue, forest green and black. They are roughly 17" long and 1" wide with a custom Series of Four embroidery.

This is thought of as a fun project that uses different skills like art, design, managing, sales, business etc. The idea is to get something going that is fun to run and also gives us experience in the business field and of course earn a bit of cash.

"Join The Experiment! The Series of Four is a business experiment run by a few high school students in San Marcos California. Our intentions are to start a company (on the side of school) to see what the business world is all about. We believe there is no better way to learn than from personal experience.

So that is how we started, our main goals are to get some first hand experience in business (the fun way), build up some funds for a greater education, provide customers with slick products and customer service that will exceed expectations. This should give us an opportunity to improve our skills in managing, selling, art, design, accounting, and whatever else comes our way. And ideally provide us with the knowledge we need to select career paths in fields we enjoy most. - The So4 Team"

Just for you cool kids: (available until 3/31/11)
COUPON CODE: saladsarf
Save $2 off any order + free shipping! (Currently only ship to the USA and Canada)

Now Hiring! (In USA and Canada)
I thought I'd let you guys get first dibs on job positions. Make as much as you want and you don't have to leave your home!
(If interested send me a message and I'll send over more info)

Follow So4 on Facebook, Twitter, and Wordpress @ Seriesof4
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:46:09 AM by Electric™ »

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
Re: Series of Four - My new company
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 04:42:51 PM »
I approve of this. When you ship to Europe let me know, I'll be sure to get one of them glasses \

Offline Black Sheep

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 07:13:44 PM »
You can just up and create a company like that?
Who is doing the manufacturing, paying sever bills, marketing?

Pretty cool that you are doing this. If you need 3D models for this or anything feel free to hit me up.

Awesome sun glasses btw, I might actually buy a pair at $12

Offline Orange

• Elder surfman of the states
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Elder statessurf of the man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 07:33:24 PM »
Good luck with this man! I definitely want a pair, perhaps we can work something out with UPS or something?
Surfing states of the elder men

Offline Power-Fusion

• The Local Nudist
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Hot Dickings!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 07:34:11 PM »
You all ready got me  \
spoz: I like my women how i like my filesystems... FAT and 16

Offline Electric™

• Elect Rick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 02:41:57 AM »
Thanks for the feedback! So far I mainly need some salesmen. Up until now I've been running mostly everything and I think its just big enough to expand. Also I was thinking about it and I worked out a way that salesmen could work out of the country driving sales online. I have a way of tracking sales so I could know who to pay a commission.

@ Sheep thanks for the offer I will let you know if I need anything.
@ TILT I'm currently shipping USPS first class mail but in the future I definitely plan to ship outside the US.

Anyone who's interested let me know and I will send you an application. Then if your approved ill send you some guidelines (a contract).

One more thing, if anyone enters the coupon code and does not see $2 deducted don't worry I will refund you $2 as I process the order.

Offline Electric™

• Elect Rick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 12:53:04 PM »
Hey everyone, just wanted to give you a quick update!

Because of school, work, internships, life and other projects I had to set the company on the back burner for a few months.. But now the holiday seasons coming up so I have some big plans to revamp everything. First off we'll have some shirts in stock by this Thursday or Friday! Along with some stickers that we'll throw in with the orders. Also like a few of you may know I do a lot of LIVE broadcasting so we'll be selling product & broadcasting action sport events live for anyone at home to watch. So4.tv (A great outlet for marketing).

Here's a preview of the new shirt designs! Genesis, Genesis2, Retro and Mystery by David Gigliello. You guys are the FIRST to see a preview of the mystery design, everyone else has to wait until the shirts are in stock!

If everything goes as planned these will be up for sale at $14.95 /ea by Sunday! www.Seriesof4.com (First come first serve) - To the US & Canada (Shipping outside US soon)

(Notice they were released in a "Series of Four?)

If there are any artists out there contact me, the idea behind So4 is to let our fans vote on & create the products! If you create a design we / our fans like it's very likely we'll get it printed. If that's the case we will send you a free shirt along with a check depending on how many shirts with your design we sell!

Like us on facebook! www.facebook.com/Seriesof4
You'll get special offers & we'll keep you up to date
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:16:43 PM by Electric™ »

Offline Orange

• Elder surfman of the states
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Elder statessurf of the man
    • View Profile
Re: (Update 10/10) Series of Four - My new company
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 01:14:42 PM »
I really hope I can order some of those soon  \ \ \, they're very cool, especially the third one
Surfing states of the elder men

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 04:25:31 PM »
I have been following you guys on facebook. \

Those shirts have some amazing artwork. Especially the last one, looks sick. I would buy one, but my scholarship hasn't turned up yet argh.. \

Offline FAJ

• Flying Badger Man
  • Admin
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • GAJ
    • View Profile
    • NY-Surf
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 10:02:32 PM »
Can you explain the logo? I would like to support you, but if someone asks me what the shirt means, I don't want to admit it is random stuff I bought from a CSS forum that specializes in an esoteric game-mode.

Offline Electric™

• Elect Rick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 02:36:42 AM »
Can you explain the logo? I would like to support you, but if someone asks me what the shirt means, I don't want to admit it is random stuff I bought from a CSS forum that specializes in an esoteric game-mode.

Hope this helps.

What is "Series of Four?"
It's the theme of everything we do. We do things by 4's. (Release products, choose winners, pack product, have specials etc. all in groups of 4) Also not to mention my last name's pronounced four.

The main idea behind the company is to let our fans create and vote on what we do. A company where anyone can "Join The Experiment". In doing so we're a great outlet for up and coming artists looking for something to put on their resume, portfolio or just get their name out there. And it's beneficial on both ends (We promote their work, they promote our company.)

Artists just have to incorporate our logo or name along with an assigned theme into a design to enter a contest.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:50:55 AM by Electric™ »

Offline silverlol

• super mapper!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 05:41:53 PM »
if you start selling crewnecks, i'll buy one.

Offline Electric™

• Elect Rick
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 12:45:57 AM »
Shirts are here (and they turned out a lot better than I expected!) Get one now while supplies last! www.Seriesof4.com

Mystery design is revealed! (By David Gigliello) If you like our facebook you can check out more pics facebook.com/Seriesof4

The Original Series

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 11:28:24 PM by Electric™ »