Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[July 08, 2017, 06:45:05 PM] Orange: cool

[July 08, 2017, 06:45:18 PM] Orange: how far would you say you are 

[July 23, 2017, 05:12:54 PM] Buck Nasty: 85-90% done

[August 11, 2017, 10:58:07 PM] SintaxError: So is CS:GO surf all surf timers?  Where's the combat surf?

[August 11, 2017, 11:03:16 PM] SintaxError: That is some shit... I want to shotgun kill people on huge ramps and snipe people from the top of jails.  Fuck this repetitive surf timer bullshit

[August 11, 2017, 11:07:37 PM] SintaxError: It's pretty lame IMO

[August 12, 2017, 02:35:12 AM] svbg869: you know, as boring as surf timer is, its better then surf just not exitsing

[August 12, 2017, 02:35:47 AM] svbg869: tho i have been thinking about going around and seeing if we could update the old combat maps for csgo

[August 12, 2017, 02:36:50 AM] svbg869: mostly adding the revolver, couple other things

[August 12, 2017, 01:23:57 PM] SintaxError: I'm kind of thinking of starting a server that's not a timer jerk-off

[August 12, 2017, 01:30:11 PM] NeXxXuS:  72.5.102.64:27015 & 51.255.34.251:27015

[August 12, 2017, 01:30:17 PM] NeXxXuS: those are popular

Author Topic: @Panzer  (Read 14886 times)

Offline Fission

• View Profile
@Panzer
« on: October 22, 2011, 05:35:59 AM »
or whoever else is porting maps to TF2 without permission.

Seriously, would it kill you to ask?

If I wanted to make surf_overgrowth available in TF2 I would have made a proper version myself. You fucking butchered the ending with that horribly out of place control point and I am, in all honesty, disgusted.

If you had asked me to do this I would have happily given you the .vmf. The fact that not a word was spoken to me about this being decompiled, ported for TF2 and released without my permission severely angers me.

I know I am not the first mapper to have my work converted without permission. One of my friends has been through the exact same thing, and another got his map completely renamed.

Stop porting maps without permission. As I already mentioned, if I wanted this map in TF2 I would have made a genuine version the way I wanted it to be. I haven't played the TF2 version but I highly doubt the jail system works (unless you've edited it even more than I know) - either way, you have stolen and edited my map without my consent. None of the sites I posted this on (Gamebanana, Surf-Infamous, Solid-Surf or the KSF Forums) give you permission to do this either.

The version you created is substandard and this is not the reputation I want as a mapper. I am sure others feel the same way.

Offline Panzerhandschuh

• Server Op
    • View Profile
Re: @Panzer
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »
I didn't port this map. I stopped porting skill maps to tf2 a while ago, I only do combat maps now.

Offline Derpus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 05:02:35 PM »
Hello, I'm one of the representatives for converted maps, basically, what gets converted goes through me for quality testing and good virtues.

If you have a complaint or request, send an email to DerpusV@gmail.com with all concerns or problems and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Crabman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 05:07:01 PM »
or whoever else is porting maps to TF2 without permission.

Seriously, would it kill you to ask?

If I wanted to make surf_overgrowth available in TF2 I would have made a proper version myself. You fucking butchered the ending with that horribly out of place control point and I am, in all honesty, disgusted.

If you had asked me to do this I would have happily given you the .vmf. The fact that not a word was spoken to me about this being decompiled, ported for TF2 and released without my permission severely angers me.

I know I am not the first mapper to have my work converted without permission. One of my friends has been through the exact same thing, and another got his map completely renamed.

Stop porting maps without permission. As I already mentioned, if I wanted this map in TF2 I would have made a genuine version the way I wanted it to be. I haven't played the TF2 version but I highly doubt the jail system works (unless you've edited it even more than I know) - either way, you have stolen and edited my map without my consent. None of the sites I posted this on (Gamebanana, Surf-Infamous, Solid-Surf or the KSF Forums) give you permission to do this either.

The version you created is substandard and this is not the reputation I want as a mapper. I am sure others feel the same way.

Dear Pompous ass-hole,

Your map is far, and I mean FAR from good. I feel really sorry for you if you truly believe this disgustingly constructed map is acceptable by surfing standards. I would feel honoured if some poor soul went out his time to actually convert and try to salvage this abomination. I fear if you had converted it yourself Valve would have Vac-banned you for adding such shit to the game.

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 06:04:11 PM »
Dear Pompous ass-hole,

Your map is far, and I mean FAR from good. I feel really sorry for you if you truly believe this disgustingly constructed map is acceptable by surfing standards. I would feel honoured if some poor soul went out his time to actually convert and try to salvage this abomination. I fear if you had converted it yourself Valve would have Vac-banned you for adding such shit to the game.

Excuse me.. I would like to see your extraordinary, beatiful, and creative masterpiece of a map before you come here ad start talking shit to a great mapper. fission made a really fun and creative map. Please get the fuck off of these forums you trolling piece of trash.

Offline Orange

• Elder surfman of the states
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Elder statessurf of the man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 06:06:22 PM »
What the hell just happened?
Surfing states of the elder men

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• The Sexiest Man "Alive"
  • SolidSurf Elite
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • daddy is home :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 06:23:42 PM »
Dear Pompous ass-hole,

EURO-Faggot

EDIT: >Honoured

Offline Crabman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 09:04:48 PM »
Excuse me.. I would like to see your extraordinary, beatiful, and creative masterpiece of a map before you come here ad start talking shit to a great mapper. fission made a really fun and creative map. Please get the fuck off of these forums you trolling piece of trash.
I don't need to be Leonardo da Vinci to know what a piece of shit looks like. Also having a different opinion to you doesn't make me a troll, if anything I believe you are trolling by calling his work 'fun' and 'creative'.

Offline RambJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 09:26:25 PM »
I don't need to be Leonardo da Vinci to know what a piece of shit looks like. Also having a different opinion to you doesn't make me a troll, if anything I believe you are trolling by calling his work 'fun' and 'creative'.

Still crying because you couldn't beat the first stage?

Offline Crabman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 09:30:43 PM »
Still crying because you couldn't beat the first stage?
How is that relevant to anything in this thread?

Offline Orange

• Elder surfman of the states
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Elder statessurf of the man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 09:54:44 PM »
Which maps do you like, Crabman?
Surfing states of the elder men

Offline RambJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 10:29:40 PM »
How is that relevant to anything in this thread?

It's a likely reason why you have such a strong hatred for this map, and as you didn't deny it, I assume it's true.

Offline arroba

• srs business
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 11:08:29 PM »
I had a boner.

PS: Obviously people who port maps to TF2 are doing a favor to the map-maker, and giving him the credit he deserves, and I saw that Panzer actually does that. I suggest you to GTFO.

Offline moonrabbit

• colo styro bor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 11:25:28 PM »
I had a boner.

PS: Obviously people who port maps to TF2 are doing a favor to the map-maker, and giving him the credit he deserves, and I saw that Panzer actually does that. I suggest you to GTFO.

Giving credit after decompiling and porting a map =/= a ported map with the author's permission.

Seriously, the people that port the maps may do a good job, but like everybody else, ASK THE ORIGINAL MAPPER first.

I know panzer has ported at least one of my maps, but he didn't come to me. Sure, he did an ok job with it, but it doesn't take away the fact that I didn't know it had been ported (until I googled it), and that, since I've seen how good his work is, I could've given him the original .vmf, so that the original quality of the map is preserved.

Since this wasn't from panzer, rather, from these bunch of guys who seem to not comprehend the issue at hand (and instead attack Fission's mapping skills, which are not anywhere near as bad as they are making them out to be), it doesn't paint a good picture for the TF2 surfing community. I'm now seeing it as "LOL DUDE, ther r dis new CS map, IT SHOULD BE IN TF2!!!!! O!LmGM LOL! lets jus take it and make it for tf2, coz the original mapper r derp n cant do dat himselfs of course".

Hyperbole intended.

Once again, I really just want to reiterate the fact, I know Fission well, and this applies to both of us.
We are happy to see our maps in TF2. We are willing to give people original source files to maintain the standard of the map to port. We are NOT happy with people doing that without our permission.

And it isn't hard to contact us either. We are on here regularly, or you could post on any of the youtube channels we have, or a multitude of places.

Offline Crabman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 12:01:53 AM »
It's a likely reason why you have such a strong hatred for this map, and as you didn't deny it, I assume it's true.
I suggest you stay on topic, unless you're supposed to be the notorious Solidsurf thread de-railer?
I don't like the map because it's a bad map, and the author is acting like a priceless piece of art has been stolen from under his feet.
Whether or not you believe me is your problem.

Offline Sacred

• Modders
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 12:30:42 AM »
I suggest you stay on topic, unless you're supposed to be the notorious Solidsurf thread de-railer?
I don't like the map because it's a bad map, and the author is acting like a priceless piece of art has been stolen from under his feet.
Whether or not you believe me is your problem.

the way you talk is extremely inappropriate so learn to express yourself more politely. you can say whatever you said in a totally different way. if you did that im pretty sure that nobody would have attacked you personally.
i gotta say youre a dumbass if you say its a bad map, maybe you really just suck at playing it. the majority of the people who are actually able to surf decently like this map. its one of the best maps of 2011 for sure.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:37:32 AM by Sacred »

Offline Fission

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 03:21:06 AM »
I didn't port this map. I stopped porting skill maps to tf2 a while ago, I only do combat maps now.
No offence intended then. I assumed it was you who had done it because you ported moonrabbit's the_hills. I hope you've started contacting the mappers before you do it, though.

Hello, I'm one of the representatives for converted maps, basically, what gets converted goes through me for quality testing and good virtues.

If you have a complaint or request, send an email to DerpusV@gmail.com with all concerns or problems and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
no.

I'll reinforce this because you always find ways to word things so much better than I do.
We are happy to see our maps in TF2. We are willing to give people original source files to maintain the standard of the map to port. We are NOT happy with people doing that without our permission.

Offline Tioga060

• America #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 03:52:34 AM »
I don't really care when people convert my maps, they did a good job with surf_Extremex and they know their shit.

I look forward to a timewarp conversion *hint hint*

Offline vsx

• sonic.exe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 09:08:14 AM »
Dear Pompous ass-hole,

If you created an account on this forum just to say this crap, u are obv butthurted like, A LOT, 'cause I dont know ANYONE saying what ur saying about this map
H8ters will always h8
btw if this is a bad map, what's a good map then?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:10:47 AM by vsx »

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• SolidSurf Elite
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 02:42:46 PM »
If no one has realized by now, TF2 is the most casual/troll game there is... it's quite obvious that these TF2 children are trolling you hard.  Seriously, just ignore them.  Just because some random scrub/troll from TF2 says your map is bad, well, it doesn't mean anything, at all.

This is probably crabman troling you, pic related:

Offline Crabman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 03:09:21 PM »
If no one has realized by now, TF2 is the most casual/troll game there is... it's quite obvious that these TF2 children are trolling you hard.  Seriously, just ignore them.  Just because some random scrub/troll from TF2 says your map is bad, well, it doesn't mean anything, at all.

This is probably crabman troling you, pic related:

Ryan, why are you so obsessed with 'troling'?
I'm also worried you're not old enough to actually be posting here, you need to be 14 or older. Hopefully when you grow up you'll learn that posting google'd images is a poor way of 'voicing your opinion'.

Just a quick note seeing you have the attention span of a 8 year old, we're discussing how map developers shouldn't throw a kid fit when someone is clearly trying to promote their work.

Offline Paper-Cut

• Surf Patrol
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Roll up
    • View Profile
    • TAG Servers
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 03:17:13 PM »
And this is why we have private messages...grow up guys.
I make my maps with Microsoft Paint.

Offline FAJ

• Flying Badger Man
  • Admin
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • GAJ
    • View Profile
    • NY-Surf
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 02:29:05 PM »
Why do I always miss the fun threads!

There should be something on the main page to track hilarious retard-fights.

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• SolidSurf Elite
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 03:52:17 PM »
Ryan, why are you so obsessed with 'troling'?
I'm also worried you're not old enough to actually be posting here, you need to be 14 or older. Hopefully when you grow up you'll learn that posting google'd images is a poor way of 'voicing your opinion'.

Just a quick note seeing you have the attention span of a 8 year old, we're discussing how map developers shouldn't throw a kid fit when someone is clearly trying to promote their work.
HEYOOOOO, YOU'RE A FAGGOT
FAGGOT
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 03:55:51 PM by Ryan_S »

Shout Box