Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I would like to ask...  (Read 30548 times)

Offline silverlol

• super mapper!!
    • View Profile
Re: I would like to ask...
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2011, 01:31:13 PM »
umm you made this map for timerservers (according to gamebanana) when there was like only one timer server, ksf. As i suppose you wanted both mods to be played, untouchable made that possible and now you're complaining about it. i c no logic
Can you even name one server thats playing compulsive they way you want it to? or retroartz or w/e
I doubt you can. btw u map for fun && satisfaction?? why care so much?

Offline RambJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2011, 02:57:10 PM »
Untouch could spend ages making there be a way for both the hard and easy mode to work on the timer in one map, while being easy mode for some and hard for others.

Or he could simply add an _h and be done with it...

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2011, 03:04:11 PM »
umm you made this map for timerservers (according to gamebanana) when there was like only one timer server, ksf. As i suppose you wanted both mods to be played, untouchable made that possible and now you're complaining about it. i c no logic
Can you even name one server thats playing compulsive they way you want it to? or retroartz or w/e
I doubt you can. btw u map for fun && satisfaction?? why care so much?

Ok, compulsive was a bad example, but the point was that people came to me, angry and complaining that I made the map in a shitty way, that meant that they had to have 2 different bsp's. Which wasn't the case at all, but that's the way it looked cause of what ksf did with it. Don't get me wrong, I want my maps to be played, obviously. But my point is that if people play MY maps, they should be MY maps, not a map made by me, then altered by someone else to fit their demands. The reason I care so much (not rly) is because I value my work, I think of it as a beautiful piece of art (without sounding like a douche). And my maps, should represent the way I make maps, and that is why I dislike it when people change stuff in my maps, without asking me, or even telling me about the things they change. If Untouch had asked me to fix the things the he meant were wrong, I would've considered it and made him a _ksf version, but the fact that he just took things out of other peoples "copyrighted" work is wrong in my opinion.

Now, could we end this, I think this states a good example that coming back to surf is not really worth it, and coming back to this site is REALLY not worth it. It's full of people like me.. \

Offline silverlol

• super mapper!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2011, 06:57:11 PM »
but if u made a _ksf version people should have two bsp's anyway so i dont see the problem

Offline Paper-Cut

• Surf Patrol
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Roll up
    • View Profile
    • TAG Servers
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2011, 04:22:36 AM »
Lol, I'm not cleaning this thread up.
I make my maps with Microsoft Paint.

Offline unt0uch4bl3

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2011, 04:30:55 AM »
The target market has gone from combat surfers to skill surfers now that surf has been bastardized by the europeans who cheat to get faster times and form short lived surf teams who produce overedited youtube clips.

Haha! Good one.

Most of the time triggers, logic systems, and even entire jails are removed. 
NOTHING - has been "physically" (by physically in a virtual word I mean removed from the BSP) removed from the maps by ME. I do not edit map and recompile maps; it is bad for all of the reasons stated on this thread.

I did disable elements of the maps as I pleased using something that is analogous to ent_fire seeing how it was my server. I noclip on it, I slay people on it, I ban people on it and I use ent_fire on it. You can download the Mona Lisa and draw on mustache on it right? You can then create a video of it and put it on youtube right? You can then create a series of videos and create a youtube channel/Website based on caricatures of Mona Lisa. Get my drift? I have not touched the Mona Lisa physically.

There have been other people that DID recompile maps and change them. NOT ME.
I did upload edited maps just as freely as anything else TO MY SERVER.

Ryan, you did not express any criticism to me regarding what I have done with my timer to me personally on the many occasions we have talked. You also did not repudiate my right to do as I pleased on my own server. In fact, when I informed you that I wanted to make surf_elements playable on my server (which means it would turn into a linear map as a result), you said (paraphrasing) - go for it - sounds good - I have no issues with that. I also showed you the final result if my memory serves me right; you did not express any concern.

What I am simply trying to say is don't fuel a stupid argument started by people that do not know all / any facts when you did not express any concern to me personally.

For those people that like to find problems with what I said - I recompiled 1 map. The name I cannot remember but the reason for it was the big CSS update broke some displacements in the jail of the map. I liked the map so I recompiled it so there is at least some kind of working version since the mapper has stopped playing. Why did I do it? because I wanted to surf it and the mapper wasn't around to fix it himself. This does not weaken my argument in any way considering valve broke the map and I did not do it for the server, I did it for my self so I can surf it again.

Wait, server op's are actually modifying maps for the surf timer server and removing things?

You guys do know that the work you create is legally YOURS, at least here in the States. Get in touch with the server provider company if this is an issue for you; they love to remove copyrighted material from servers.

You do not know the facts - you just read what a few people wrote on the forums that do not know anything themselves. In fact you were probably never on the server in the first place. Also if you have forgotten this is a game, enough with the legal stuff. No one is getting hurt in any way - physically of financially.

Yeah, I tried talking to the moderators of ksf at one time when they were dividing compulsive into two different maps (_h and _e) for hard & easy mod. This made people spam me with questions, asking why I couldn't make 1 map that had a hard/easy system and where to download either version. I was so angry at him when he refused to use the proper edition (which had a hard/easy system). Didn't know  I could legally get it removed though. Ksf is the dumbest place to go if you want proof that surf isn't dead, cuz that server sure isn't helping.
"We modify maps to give timer surfers a better exerience, and the maps on the server belong to me when they are on my server" -untouch
^ bullshit

Razer you are a moron. Did you not say you were leaving and never coming back. Why are you here? DO not ever quote me on something I have never said. You did not ever talk to anyone about whatever the fuck it is you said above. What moderators? It was me and evolv. That was it. Up until Fall 2011 and for a short period in the spring of 2011, evolv did not do anything server related. Meaning that if you have not said a word to me, everything above is false. Meaning you have just lied.

Now things like spaceship_ksf, forbidden_ways_ksf... are an example of illegal modification done by ksf (not untouch I think)

Were the authors contacted? No. Were they modified BY KSF? No. Were they modified for KSF? Yes - and for anyone else that wanted to use the maps. Is this somehow my problem? No. I was requested for this version to be added, so I did. If it wasn't modified by me (which it would have never been done by me because that is not the right way of doing things) I don't care about the drama that ensues. I have other things to worry about in my life than some 14 year old getting his panties in a bunch.

No but seriously, I wish KSF and Intox timer servers would just disappear.
Me too.

razer is just an idiot.
You missed the point.
I think he hit the nail right on the head with this one.

Well let me clarify my point:
There have been several occasions where server "admins" have taken the maps and altered the purpose of the map (see spaceship/forbidden ways)
There have been several occasions where server "admins" have taken the maps and cut out sections and jails (see just about every converted combat map)
There have been several occasions where server "admins" have taken the maps and altered the name because they are d**ks (see surf_loves_spliff)

Clear enough yet?
Unlike some people I don't just say stuff without facts to back it up.

First statement is false. No "admin" (referring to me) has ever altered those maps.
Second statement is false. Nothing was cut out. BSP unchanged. Have you ever used ent_fire. Have you ever used the give command? Have you ever used sv_cheat commands?

Third statement is true. Isolated incident where evolv got big headed and I was not around. I spoke to him. An apology was made, apology was also accepted.

What fucking facts??!?!?!?!?!

Why are we even discussing this crap? You're mapping for fun, not for profit. When someone else modifies your map it makes them look stupid, not you, and it doesn't do any harm to you.

Good job on this post.

off-topic thread is off topic
PAPER CUT?????????????????????????????????????????? clean
Nothing needs to be cleaned. There is no flaming here. All of this has been a good discussion.

It was merely an example, every one of my map is changed on the ksf server. retroartz for instance, they removed all the secrets I spent time adding, cuz it would"destroy the point of a timer"

ksf is a penis loving piece of shit server, and everyone defending it can go suck it. I'm not mad LOLZ xDDD 111!!!one I'm rather upset that all you fucking faggots turn against mappers trying to make decent maps. I think my maps are MY maps, not the server owners, if his stupid plugin is too shit to work with both hard/easy then he shouldn't upload it? Stop fucking altering maps to your own gain. I had to explain to every 12 year old why they couldn't find the hardmode anywhere online, because it was all in one bsp originally. And that is because untouch was too shite to make his timer work with my map, but I was theone who had to "fix" it.

super serious comment is serious.
NVM. The above needs to be cleaned and razer needs to be banned. Or this discussion needs to be moved to a "mature only" section. Obviously the above was posted by a 15 year old with no brains. (and who knows, perhaps a serious diagnosable medical sickness?)

is it worth coming back to surfing?
No. Surf, obviously, has changed. Also too much drama. I say find a new game to play but stick with the community because (minus a few handicapped people) it is a good community.

As I would imagine everyone here knows that I'm not stupid. I understand all of the concerns and I thought about all of this before. I created the KSF surftimer for a small subset of people who wanted a branch of competitive surf. EGI at that time closed its doors so I made my own so people have a place to play. Everything I did was for those that wanted to surf competitively. Not for any gain, glory, or even administrative authority. I've been always been admin on the servers I played in CSS. I'm not some first time person who finally got mani admin and thinks he can abuse it for his own enjoyment.

Then servers began dieing out, KSF server got popular so it got bigger. Not my problem that combat surf died out on css. Surftimer was a mod of a mod. It was never made to take over surf completely; it was an addition for a small subset of people. Now that it grew it is somehow the bad guy?

I think you guys should put all of the KSF drama to bed. Like anywhere else some things were done that is not liked by everyone. (You don't see me going and posting stuff about what Intox does wrong.) Also there is a KSF section of this forum for things specifically like this.

So anyway I've moved on to another game and I don't do anything surftimer related anymore. (Besides make this long post)

Lol, I'm not cleaning this thread up.
I'm glad

Offline scaz.zaf

• Modders
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2011, 05:26:14 AM »
Look untouch, I've got nothing but respect for you for the work youve put into maintaining the server and setting up the timer, but you are responding to each and every post as if they are targeted directly at you, which in the case of my post, is only true for a few instances.

I mean not to stir up and any proverbial shit, but this is turning from a discussion about surf mapping into a "he said, she said" situation.

Offline unt0uch4bl3

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2011, 07:13:23 AM »
Look untouch, I've got nothing but respect for you for the work youve put into maintaining the server and setting up the timer, but you are responding to each and every post as if they are targeted directly at you, which in the case of my post, is only true for a few instances.

I mean not to stir up and any proverbial shit, but this is turning from a discussion about surf mapping into a "he said, she said" situation.

I have nothing against you either. I responded to all the posts the same way. I simply clarified things that needed clarification. Seeing how people were posting absolutely random shit, the thread was turning into one huge KSF sucks thread. For some reason everyone is confused about this whole KSF surftimer issue and so problems begin.

No need to take it personally.

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• The Sexiest Man "Alive"
  • SolidSurf Elite
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • daddy is home :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2011, 11:18:00 AM »
I have nothing against you either, Untouch, I've just come to dislike the mod you've created.  I do respect you for spending so much time in maintaining a mod, but the mod has turned people into complete faggots.  I think you already know what I mean, no need for me to explain.

Offline FAJ

• Flying Badger Man
  • Admin
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • GAJ
    • View Profile
    • NY-Surf
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2011, 11:36:14 AM »
Usually I have to go to wipeouts to find the fun threads. Very sneaky.

Are we going to try and do CS:GO surf, or is that not an option? Curious if I should purchase it at all; I think I would if surf could get a fresh start.

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2011, 02:26:46 PM »
@ untouch

Lol, at getting butthurt and calling me a retard with a mental disease, very mature of yourself. I remember several occasions back in the day when retroartz was releazed when I spoke to you about the things you did to the map. I didn't ask for anything else then a reasonable explanation as to why you removed certain things. and you replied with the following; "to ensure that everyone gets the same surf-timer experience" *or something along those lines. And other ksf server moderators have been immature and flaming towards people on the server, abusing their rights, noclipping, disabling teleports and using showtrigger to cheat records etc. Bottom line, ksf is just a piece of shit place to surf, and I am entitled to my opinion.

I was not doing anything else but state that I had also experienced problems with the ksf thing that is being discussed in this thread. When all of a sudden EVERYONE starts to hate on me, and decided to defend ksf. What the hell, why should I be banned for telling my opinion.

I did say I was leaving and not coming back, and well; I did leave, but hey OH NOES I'm back. Can't really stay away from this place cuz it's SO MUCH FUN!!!

NOW, can we end this discussion, I can't even understand how it came to this.. And dn't you fucking try to pin this shit on me again.

Offline unt0uch4bl3

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2011, 03:06:48 PM »
Usually I have to go to wipeouts to find the fun threads. Very sneaky.

Are we going to try and do CS:GO surf, or is that not an option? Curious if I should purchase it at all; I think I would if surf could get a fresh start.

People will try CS:GO surf, it will still work and I'd guess it would feel the same if the rest of the game feels the same. Surf will hopefully get a new start because there will be no surftimers hopefully, definitely not by me. Intox might have slasher update theirs though.

Either way its hard to predict. If maps require to be converted, guess what kind of maps are going to be converted first? and if not, then it makes things worse because all the maps will be playable in CS:GO (so much for a  fresh start).

Offline RambJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2011, 03:33:07 PM »
Problems with CS:GO atm are no bhopping, and you can't change sv_airacceleration (yet).

Offline Skittl35

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »
Problems with CS:GO atm are no bhopping ...

I view this as a strong point  \

Offline Panzerhandschuh

• Server Op
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2011, 07:41:26 PM »
Problems with CS:GO atm are no bhopping, and you can't change sv_airacceleration (yet).

Are you talking about the beta? Chet mentioned in the video on the CS:GO thread that they wanted players to be able to play any types of maps that they were able to play in CS:S. If the beta doesn't have it, they will almost definitely add it when the finished game comes out.

Offline Tioga060

• America #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2011, 07:47:24 PM »
So it looks like it will be hard to get old school surf revamped in css. They did announce the intent to make vmf conversion software, so it will be important for us to convert the right maps so combat/jail skill can get a fresh start in CSGO.

Offline RambJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2011, 07:53:16 PM »
Are you talking about the beta? Chet mentioned in the video on the CS:GO thread that they wanted players to be able to play any types of maps that they were able to play in CS:S. If the beta doesn't have it, they will almost definitely add it when the finished game comes out.

Yeah. When you land you sort of duck down a bit, even if you do get a hop, you sort of like stumble lol. This could change based on feedback though.

Offline Escencia

• Teh Cookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2011, 06:06:06 PM »
More awesome collabs and good maps plOx.

Surf is going throught a hard time,agreed.
I know im new in surfmapping,but I really enjoy it,so I wont leave the surf mapping community.
You guys made some so good maps,just keep the good job.
About surf combat, surf combat servers are always playing the same maps(buck,colos,machine etc..)
I will hardly see those guys uploading new maps.People will whine about where are the map they are used to play
This is my point of view,good evening/morning/have a nice day!

Me

Offline vsx

• sonic.exe
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2011, 10:01:44 PM »
@untouch when I said that, I was aiming for whoever converted that and not for you. I first was surprised when you agreed that skillsurf timer servers could just go away but I found the answer on the same post, and I understand your position. Just come back and visit the expert, we're all chillin' out, even 420 is there! Just think on that.

@razer I ROFL completely when I read the word "butthurted". You need your butthurted post link again?

Offline unt0uch4bl3

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2011, 12:49:39 AM »
@untouch when I said that, I was aiming for whoever converted that and not for you. I first was surprised when you agreed that skillsurf timer servers could just go away but I found the answer on the same post, and I understand your position. Just come back and visit the expert, we're all chillin' out, even 420 is there! Just think on that.

Now things like spaceship_ksf, forbidden_ways_ksf... are an example of illegal modification done by ksf (not untouch I think)

I wasn't defending my self.

Razer is a dumbass, doesn't know when he needs to stop.

Offline Dan

• TOAO
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2011, 02:12:36 AM »
Please don't release skill surf maps for CS:GO a couple months after its initial release. Don't be the bad  \ that fucks it up.
What the fuck happened?

Offline silverlol

• super mapper!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2011, 08:07:45 AM »
we're gonna save combat surf in cs:go!!!!!!!!!!!!

surf_drowning_sunlight2 anyone??

Offline Power-Fusion

• The Local Nudist
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Hot Dickings!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2011, 09:19:48 PM »
I liked drowning sunlight
spoz: I like my women how i like my filesystems... FAT and 16

Offline Dan

• TOAO
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2011, 02:03:29 AM »
Just looked at it on fpsb. from a visual stand point, i dont like the dusk/dark theme. make it daytime and bright! other than that, + + +
What the fuck happened?

Offline FAJ

• Flying Badger Man
  • Admin
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • GAJ
    • View Profile
    • NY-Surf
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2011, 04:21:24 PM »
I just hope for a good greatriver.

As long as there is a server playing greatriver, surf is at least a small part alive.

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• SolidSurf Elite
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2011, 04:56:45 PM »
Like a remix or WHAT?

Offline Orange

• Elder surfman of the states
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Elder statessurf of the man
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2011, 06:08:45 PM »

As long as there is a server playing greatriver, surf is at least a small part alive.

There are probably still many servers that play greatriver, but not the right way..
Surfing states of the elder men

Offline Paper-Cut

• Surf Patrol
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Roll up
    • View Profile
    • TAG Servers
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2011, 04:42:18 AM »
Like a remix or WHAT?

I can do this.

Offline Dan

• TOAO
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2011, 05:13:18 AM »
I can do this.

If you need investors for this perilous endeavor, there is one right here. He also can't invest with money, but there are...... other means.
What the fuck happened?

Offline FAJ

• Flying Badger Man
  • Admin
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • GAJ
    • View Profile
    • NY-Surf
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2011, 11:54:51 AM »
I mean, a good version of greatriver that is played. As close to the original as possible would be cool; maybe with the new set of textures and bugs removed.

Offline Paper-Cut

• Surf Patrol
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Roll up
    • View Profile
    • TAG Servers
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2011, 04:43:15 PM »
I mean, a good version of greatriver that is played. As close to the original as possible would be cool; maybe with the new set of textures and bugs removed.

Isn't there talks of having to do VMF conversion to CS:GO? This must mean we're getting a newer version of Hammer. Doesn't seem much point to start it until that's out, does it?

Offline FAJ

• Flying Badger Man
  • Admin
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • GAJ
    • View Profile
    • NY-Surf
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2011, 06:42:43 PM »
I didn't mean to start now or w/e

Wa sjust an idle hope that when/if I started surfing in CS:GO, there would be great river servers that didn't have a retarded version of it \

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• SolidSurf Elite
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »
I didn't mean to start now or w/e

Wa sjust an idle hope that when/if I started surfing in CS:GO, there would be great river servers that didn't have a retarded version of it \
surf_greatriver_x-dream_faggot_dick_v69littleboys?

Offline moonrabbit

• colo styro bor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2011, 10:03:06 PM »
Isn't there talks of having to do VMF conversion to CS:GO? This must mean we're getting a newer version of Hammer. Doesn't seem much point to start it until that's out, does it?

The dust maps from CS:GO have been back ported to CS:S. I am assuming it could work the other way too.

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2011, 09:01:44 AM »
The dust maps from CS:GO have been back ported to CS:S. I am assuming it could work the other way too.

That depends on the new physics of cs:go. I heard bhop is impossible, and that there was no way to alter airaccelerate, plus it was locked to 100 tick. Now, 100 tick is kewl for combat surf, but I'm not sure if old surf maps will work very well in GO..

time will show ^.^

Offline Helix

• ASOT 600!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2011, 10:03:30 PM »
since when did you get into ze Ryan?

I tried making a map for that once with the Saw theme but I couldn't pull it off

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• SolidSurf Elite
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2011, 10:49:18 PM »
since when did you get into ze Ryan?
I've been into it for quite a while now!