Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Server Info  (Read 10752 times)

Offline Panzerhandschuh

• View Profile
Server Info
« on: June 16, 2012, 02:08:34 AM »
[KSFClan.com] #1 24/7 Surf! - 199.241.184.92

Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ksfcommunity

Server Plugins/Mods
We are running server modifications that alter the gameplay to be more fast paced and balanced for a combat surf environment.
They are still in development and feedback would be greatly appreciated - http://forums.solidsurf.info/index.php/topic,3685.0.html

Features:
Faster player movement
Auto bhop when holding jump key
Weapons have no recoil or bullet spread
Weapons have reduced damage
Only AWPs and Scouts (SSG08) can headshot

These changes encourage more of a moving while shooting play style or even a surfing while shooting play style with any weapon being viable.

Map List
surf_air_arena_v4
surf_elk_clover_zeta
surf_legends_lite
surf_pulse_v2
surf_the_hills
surf_utopia_v3

Contact Info
Steam - Panzerhandschuh
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:10:31 AM by Panzerhandschuh »

Offline Dan

• TOAO
    • View Profile
Re: Server Info
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 10:00:13 PM »
The reduced damage pisses me off the most; that and doing less damage with an ak than with a knife. Shit gets stupid when people just auto-hop over to you with a knife and you don't do enough damage with any gun to kill them.

Why make it so you can't headshot with every weapon as well as reduce their range? You. Are. Fucking. Stupid.

The deathmatch also sucks, but that's because I don't like deathmatch.

IMO, KSF has always had shitty servers and will continue to be a role-model on how not to make a surf server. Over and out.
What the fuck happened?

Offline unt0uch4bl3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 04:21:48 AM »
Dan, don't go shitting in this forum. If you want to do it so much, do it in wipe outs.

I suggest you clean up your feedback and next time post like a normal human being.

---
...DUMBASS  (see what I just did there? I acted like you)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 04:25:48 AM by unt0uch4bl3 »

Offline Dan

• TOAO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 05:08:14 AM »
I'm sorry you don't like the honest truth that the internet lets me dish out to you. The server sucks.
What the fuck happened?

Offline Panzerhandschuh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 11:53:46 PM »
The reduced damage pisses me off the most; that and doing less damage with an ak than with a knife. Shit gets stupid when people just auto-hop over to you with a knife and you don't do enough damage with any gun to kill them.

Why make it so you can't headshot with every weapon as well as reduce their range? You. Are. Fucking. Stupid.

IMO, KSF has always had shitty servers and will continue to be a role-model on how not to make a surf server. Over and out.

I increased all damage a bit recently, idk if you played then. But still, before the damage buff I was able to kill anyone trying to knife me just about every time unless I was low on HP. All I do is walk backwards and shoot. If I really need to I can bhop backwards and shoot but that's unnecessary 99% of the time. If they're bhopping at you just move unpredictably since it's harder for them to aim at high speeds. Maybe you just can't aim or position yourself properly.

Allowing headshots with no bullet spread is the dumbest thing ever (other than weapons like scout and awp that aren't really affected by bullet spread). The reason why there's no bullet spread is so you can use more weapons like ak47 while surfing or bhopping. Headshots would be way too easy to get and it would allow people to camp much more easily. Headshots also encourage people to stop, aim, and shoot rather than strafe left and right and shoot since aiming for the head gives such an advantage.

I actually didn't limit the weapon's range but I originally thought I would need to. The fact that it gets much harder to aim the further away your opponent are prevents any issues with "sniping" with any weapon.

If you prefer stopping to kill someone every time and then getting killed instantly after because you stopped over flying around a map at 100 mph while killing people with any weapon then maybe this server isn't for you.

Offline Dan

• TOAO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 02:36:45 AM »
You are trying to turn the server into a TF2 surf server (I knew that when I saw your TF2 maps, seriously.....). Good luck to you buddy; I will not play on it though.
What the fuck happened?

Offline Panzerhandschuh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 03:10:53 AM »
You are trying to turn the server into a TF2 surf server (I knew that when I saw your TF2 maps, seriously.....). Good luck to you buddy; I will not play on it though.

Faster paced =/= TF2. Playing on this server feels way different than playing on TF2. I converted my TF2 maps first because I already knew them very well and they were the most easily accessible for me. Also those maps weren't exactly designed for TF2's gameplay. surf_pulse and surf_utopia were based on good, working css maps (greatriver/master exploder maps and legends).

Offline T!cK

• did you really?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 06:28:03 PM »

You have to have better things to do than whine about a server that has nothing to do with you, please don't play on our servers good riddance.

Offline Panzerhandschuh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 07:46:54 PM »
You have to have better things to do than whine about a server that has nothing to do with you, please don't play on our servers good riddance.

That's hardly whining, it's more of a comment. I'm willing to accept constructive criticism about the server but that comment in particular doesn't really help since it's not true nor does it say how to even improve the server.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:50:00 PM by Panzerhandschuh »

Offline T!cK

• did you really?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 08:11:18 PM »
That's hardly whining, it's more of a comment. I'm willing to accept constructive criticism about the server but that comment in particular doesn't really help since it's not true nor does it say how to even improve the server.

yeah amazing 'comment'

Offline Panzerhandschuh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 09:52:16 PM »
You quoted his other post.