Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[July 08, 2017, 06:45:05 PM] Orange: cool

[July 08, 2017, 06:45:18 PM] Orange: how far would you say you are 

[July 23, 2017, 05:12:54 PM] Buck Nasty: 85-90% done

[August 11, 2017, 10:58:07 PM] SintaxError: So is CS:GO surf all surf timers?  Where's the combat surf?

[August 11, 2017, 11:03:16 PM] SintaxError: That is some shit... I want to shotgun kill people on huge ramps and snipe people from the top of jails.  Fuck this repetitive surf timer bullshit

[August 11, 2017, 11:07:37 PM] SintaxError: It's pretty lame IMO

[August 12, 2017, 02:35:12 AM] svbg869: you know, as boring as surf timer is, its better then surf just not exitsing

[August 12, 2017, 02:35:47 AM] svbg869: tho i have been thinking about going around and seeing if we could update the old combat maps for csgo

[August 12, 2017, 02:36:50 AM] svbg869: mostly adding the revolver, couple other things

[August 12, 2017, 01:23:57 PM] SintaxError: I'm kind of thinking of starting a server that's not a timer jerk-off

[August 12, 2017, 01:30:11 PM] NeXxXuS:  72.5.102.64:27015 & 51.255.34.251:27015

[August 12, 2017, 01:30:17 PM] NeXxXuS: those are popular

Author Topic: This thread sucks  (Read 62723 times)

Offline The call me queer

• View Profile
This thread sucks
« on: August 08, 2012, 03:02:19 AM »
why would anyone play it so boring
boring textures boring strafes
http://gamebanana.com/css/maps/167740
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:36:05 PM by FAJ »

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• The Sexiest Man "Alive"
  • SolidSurf Elite
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • daddy is home :^)
    • View Profile
Re: This map sucks
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 09:10:07 AM »
You're right, it's pretty fucking gay.

Offline arroba

• srs business
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 04:09:44 PM »
indeed it does

Offline Orange

• Elder surfman of the states
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Elder statessurf of the man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »
>Tries to troll community by saying a map sucks
>Map is not actually from anyone in this community
Surfing states of the elder men

Offline Power-Fusion

• The Local Nudist
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Hot Dickings!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 06:44:22 PM »
I know, what a queer.
spoz: I like my women how i like my filesystems... FAT and 16

Offline Mr.Cow

• Moo Moo Man
  • Moo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 06:48:48 PM »
The surf sucks.

Offline unt0uch4bl3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 07:30:48 PM »
http://i48.tinypic.com/vphnk0.png

Can't believe so many people at once are playing such a shitty map

Offline -FaKe|Teeth

• I'm Made out of Sand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 07:33:48 PM »
This forum is such a ridiculous circle jerk sometimes.

Quote from: roosta
your dick=victoryforever

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• SolidSurf Elite
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 07:38:33 PM »
stopped reading at surf timer...
those faggots don't care what map they're playing, as long as it gives them a chance of getting a better world record, or whatever you guys call it. the only thing they truly care about is increasing their quality of life, aka their e-rep as a "good surfer"

IMO, they should kill themselves IRL.

EDIT: Obviously nothing against you, Untouch.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 07:55:30 PM by Ryan_S »

Offline RizzLe

• Juxtapo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 10:51:50 PM »
I honestly don't know how people find this map so revolutionary and beautiful. It's like 2007 surf map trends. Nobody wants to see solid neon colours and dev/grid textures anymore. The only creative parts are how the stages are tiered and some of the surf is interesting but nothing too new.
Juxtapo

Offline Dan

• TOAO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 12:27:39 AM »
those faggots don't care what map they're playing, as long as it gives them a chance of getting a better world record, or whatever you guys call it. the only thing they truly care about is increasing their quality of life, aka their e-rep as a "good surfer"

qft
What the fuck happened?

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 12:50:37 AM »
Ryan_Stupid more like
idiot noob

omg dev textures i can see where to go and its well lit how come there arent hundreds of useless brushes cluttering my screen! why do the surfs flow so well wtf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 12:52:32 AM »
omg why wont people stop playing this map why has it been played for 20 hours already it hasnt even been out that long

Offline Dan

• TOAO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 01:00:59 AM »
please leave this forum and never come back  \
What the fuck happened?

Offline scaz.zaf

• Modders
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 01:05:36 AM »
I don't think the response to this map would be as bad if you had approached the release of this differently (qr/nyro/checkem), rather than starting a conflict by assuming we would dislike it, why not be humble about your creation and plainly reveal the map. I assure you there is no conflict to be sought here :]

Offline Tioga060

• America #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 02:34:46 AM »
Decent map, stage 14 blows. Theme was nothing special but I don't think that was the main point of the map.

It's getting played a lot, much like every map after the first few days it is added.

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 04:59:22 AM »
I don't think the response to this map would be as bad if you had approached the release of this differently (qr/nyro/checkem), rather than starting a conflict by assuming we would dislike it, why not be humble about your creation and plainly reveal the map. I assure you there is no conflict to be sought here :]
Just repeating what I've seen said about it before people actually play it.

Decent map, stage 14 blows. Theme was nothing special but I don't think that was the main point of the map.
I didn't like stage 14 until I figured out that I can't force the flicks. Now I love it.

Correct, the theme is nothing special. It's simple, and elegant. It gets the job done. We opted out of cluttering the screen with useless 'detail' and made it clear what you're supposed to surf and where you need to go. For some reason people believe shapes on the wall and forklifts in holes they can't possibly get to enhances the map.

What I truly believe makes this map special is the sense of flow. Everything connects nice and smoothly. It embodies everything I believe to be a complete skill surf map.

Ryan_S, you're stupid.

Offline Panzerhandschuh

• Server Op
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 07:12:46 AM »
This map is amazing until it gets harder. I have the most fun going through unique obstacles and ramp layouts but I get bored when I'm grinding long jumps that require you to surf near perfectly and are basically there to enforce the stage's tier of difficulty. There are some exceptions like stage 14 where the obstacles are just really hard but most other stages come down to either just barely reaching something or not making it. I think this type of difficulty is fine especially considering most other mappers think bhops and headblocks are a great form of difficulty, but like I said I enjoy the map so much more when I'm actually getting somewhere and not retrying a jump 100 times until I surf perfectly and just barely make it.

I think the problem is the mappers were too focused on getting the stages to fit their tiers instead of just doing a more free form map where stages can be any tier, not 3 stages per tier. If some of the jump lengths were adjusted to be a bit more lenient on the harder stages, they would be so much more enjoyable.

I can't really give this a number rating since this map easily qualifies for a 10/10 considering most maps worse than this also get rated 10/10. This map is better than anything that has come out for a while, but it could be better.

Not everybody is like that on timer servers. Some people just wanna enjoy themselves while surfing and getting better at it. I can agree a lot of shitty maps get played there just so people can get more points and higher ranks. Most people do care what they're playing and they fuckin hate it if the map sucks, they're just stuck playing to set a time (sorta like unlocking shitty achievements). I wish that wasn't the case but those maps are stuck on the server and continue to serve as a bad example of what skill maps should be like.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:23:55 AM by Panzerhandschuh »

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• SolidSurf Elite
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 09:13:02 AM »
Oh nooo, a random pleb called me a noob, I am so frazzled.

Killyourselfbro.

Offline NexXT

• I spy du du ru...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 01:45:43 PM »
Correct, the theme is nothing special. It's simple, and elegant. It gets the job done. We opted out of cluttering the screen with useless 'detail' and made it clear what you're supposed to surf and where you need to go. For some reason people believe shapes on the wall and forklifts in holes they can't possibly get to enhances the map.
What I truly believe makes this map special is the sense of flow. Everything connects nice and smoothly. It embodies everything I believe to be a complete skill surf map.
Good brushwork always enhances a surf map and is never ever pointless. In your opinion, every surf map should have a plain room with one texture but the ramps colored like a clown so people know where to go.
That is absolute bullshit. If you want to make surf maps as described you are free to travel back in time and present this undetailed piece of annoying surf shit to the surf community.

Offline Sacred

• Modders
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 03:25:49 PM »

Don't dare to say anything bad about forklifts!!!!!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 04:55:10 PM »
Good brushwork always enhances a surf map and is never ever pointless. In your opinion, every surf map should have a plain room with one texture but the ramps colored like a clown so people know where to go.
You're arguing a point that I didn't make. I claimed that bad brushwork (ie 99.9% of surf maps) is pointless. Even then, the DECENT brushwork either gets in the way, makes no sense logically, or makes it hard to tell where to go. People don't understand the concept of naturally guiding a player using visual cues. Instead we get a million brushes meaning nothing that eat up a map's resources. I don't see how shapes on the wall make surfing any more fun.

I'm speaking of what I've seen. Of course good brushwork enhances a map, but I haven't seen good brushwork yet.

That is absolute bullshit. If you want to make surf maps as described you are free to travel back in time and present this undetailed piece of annoying surf shit to the surf community.
We did, and for some reason just about everyone other than the ragers at this site think it's the best map ever made, even if they don't consider it the most fun.

Don't dare to say anything bad about forklifts!!!!!!!
I was hoping you'd see that \
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:57:15 PM by The call me queer »

Offline FAJ

• Flying Badger Man
  • Admin
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • GAJ
    • View Profile
    • NY-Surf
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 05:06:41 PM »
Different strokes for different folks.

As for useless textures and brushwork on the walls; what else really separates one surftimer map from the next?

Offline scaz.zaf

• Modders
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 05:13:11 PM »
I'm speaking of what I've seen. Of course good brushwork enhances a map, but I haven't seen good brushwork yet.
We did, and for some reason just about everyone other than the ragers at this site think it's the best map ever made, even if they don't consider it the most fun.
I wouldn't generalize too much, not everyone voices their opinion. Furthermore, its not like this is a competition, we all make maps for fun or to further our 3-d design skills so there's no need to get so worked up over all of this.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 05:53:47 PM »
I wouldn't generalize too much, not everyone voices their opinion. Furthermore, its not like this is a competition, we all make maps for fun or to further our 3-d design skills so there's no need to get so worked up over all of this.
They don't need to voice it. I'm honored that it's been played non-stop in at least 2 KSF servers since it's release, still going. The server died out as soon as the map changed last night.

I just hope that this map inspires a much needed change in direction.

Offline Tioga060

• America #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 06:07:02 PM »
On your visual queues comment, your distinctive ramps certainly help a player know where to go, but I think there are better ways to do visual queues than arrows on the walls, and I think a lot of the seemingly pointless brushwork on other's maps actually often helps guide the players through the map. I guess I'm just generally against arrows, they don't usually fit into themes well.

Offline Dan

• TOAO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 07:30:56 PM »
Stop posting in this thread! I don't get it. You made the map and said it was shit on here to do what exactly? Make a real thread you derp. I'll still hate it because it's skill surf, but that's not the point.
What the fuck happened?

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• SolidSurf Elite
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 07:31:23 PM »
This guy came here trying to be ironic, and ended up being the one that got butt-devastated.
"the ragers at this site," first off; no one is raging, rather telling you that your map isn't as good as you seem to think it is (flat textures everywhere, what the fuck??).
Your map is not pleasing to the eye, at all, anyone who thinks so is autistic or blind.
There is no point to the map, it's made specifically for timer servers - those are the only servers that "love" them, so i assume it is made for it - therefore making the map dumb as shit.  It has little-to-no replay value, after the few people who "love" it beat it a few times - let me explain to you why:  STAGE 1-20 (or whatever, didn't read description), surf from stage 1 start, to stage 1 end, start at stage 2, rinse and gay repeat.  There is no variation, it's stupid and gay in every aspect.  The only thing that could really save the map is aesthetics, which you seem to think do nothing for maps. 
You have FPS issues with such a bland, flat map?  Are you kids just so inefficient at mapping that your flat-ass map has FPS issues, or what?  I mean, there is nothing to your map, walls and ramps, that's it.  Learn to use HAMMER, for fucks sake.
I am assuming you have multiple people who worked on the map (lol, what the FUCK), and yet you can't come up with anything better than a 20 stage skill map? Are these kids even trying anymore?
One more thing before I hide this thread; I see you say "i believe this" a lot.  Therefore making you very opinionated, which means your map is only good to you because you made it, which is understandable, but you have to understand that the people who are playing your map on KSF are sheeple, they play anything that will give them a record and keep their attention long enough.  If you give them something that is hard to understand or has anymore depth than 'point A to point B', they don't like it.  Maybe you should have just kept your map to FPSBanana and not brought it here.  I think we are more interested in maps that actually have something more to them than the previously mentioned.  Some things are good, some things are bad, and this map just isn't good.
Also, resulting to ad hominem arguments just proves that you're still a teenager, or not able to formulate a solid rebuttal to someone's claims.
Please, leave this forum and never come back, I will help you out and request a deletion of your account and this thread.
Have a good day :]
     -

Offline Explizit

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »
This guy came here trying to be ironic, and ended up being the one that got butt-devastated.
"the ragers at this site," first off; no one is raging, rather telling you that your map isn't as good as you seem to think it is (flat textures everywhere, what the fuck??).
Your map is not pleasing to the eye, at all, anyone who thinks so is autistic or blind.
There is no point to the map, it's made specifically for timer servers - those are the only servers that "love" them, so i assume it is made for it - therefore making the map dumb as shit.  It has little-to-no replay value, after the few people who "love" it beat it a few times - let me explain to you why:  STAGE 1-20 (or whatever, didn't read description), surf from stage 1 start, to stage 1 end, start at stage 2, rinse and gay repeat.  There is no variation, it's stupid and gay in every aspect.  The only thing that could really save the map is aesthetics, which you seem to think do nothing for maps. 
You have FPS issues with such a bland, flat map?  Are you kids just so inefficient at mapping that your flat-ass map has FPS issues, or what?  I mean, there is nothing to your map, walls and ramps, that's it.  Learn to use HAMMER, for fucks sake.
I am assuming you have multiple people who worked on the map (lol, what the FUCK), and yet you can't come up with anything better than a 20 stage skill map? Are these kids even trying anymore?
One more thing before I hide this thread; I see you say "i believe this" a lot.  Therefore making you very opinionated, which means your map is only good to you because you made it, which is understandable, but you have to understand that the people who are playing your map on KSF are sheeple, they play anything that will give them a record and keep their attention long enough.  If you give them something that is hard to understand or has anymore depth than 'point A to point B', they don't like it.  Maybe you should have just kept your map to FPSBanana and not brought it here.  I think we are more interested in maps that actually have something more to them than the previously mentioned.  Some things are good, some things are bad, and this map just isn't good.
Also, resulting to ad hominem arguments just proves that you're still a teenager, or not able to formulate a solid rebuttal to someone's claims.
Please, leave this forum and never come back, I will help you out and request a deletion of your account and this thread.
Have a good day :]
     -

Oh, well what is it you're supposed to do in a skill surf map then?

Offline Morning

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 10:49:14 PM »

This guy made surf_chess.

He
literally
made
surf_chess.

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• SolidSurf Elite
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 11:47:02 PM »
Oh, well what is it you're supposed to do in a skill surf map then?
Variation.  Need me to iterate further?

Offline checkem

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 12:50:38 AM »
Variation.  Need me to iterate further?

Oh my God. This thread. I signed up here just for this thread. It's truely amazing. Ryan s is a fuckin' genius. That dude is such an elaborate troll it's scary. I wonder if he took any acting classes or anying, he plays the 'complete fucking retard' character FLAWLESSLY. This is the first time I think I can say 'lol' and actually mean it. Many laughs were had. Thanks Ryan s.

Offline unt0uch4bl3

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 12:59:41 AM »
FAJ: I'm disappointed - You should be setting an example for others with a well thought out post of your opinion of the map as you would usually do (since you decided to get involved) rather than using a cliche and diverting the topic further to the surftimer.

And besides, what are maps like amp series by Buck, lore by targetpractice, eclipse by papercut, networks by ryan, ny_advance by you and legendary by many of you truly are? They are a race to the end - to show how much better you are at surfing by beating the map faster than anyone else.

This map and other skill surf maps are the same exact thing. So how can anyone here who created these types of maps before say skill surf maps are bad when you created them yourself! And how can anyone who HASN'T made a map say a map is bad without actually attempting to make one them self?

surf_lore remember it? the two bonuses, the 7 stages, the I finished this map faster than anyone else so eat my m249 bullets?
Well here is the link to the release thread: http://forums.solidsurf.info/index.php/topic,1100.0.html
Good map Target. Nothing I can criticize.
Except the fact that its a skill map??? Somehow that didn't matter just a few short years ago.

Getting back to the current map. Well everyone here is missing the point. This map is a map for the mappers.
It here to set an example and to show how things can be done.
  • How a simple design can still be aesthetically pleasing
  • How a map can be made to FLOW through out several stages
  • How a VERY LARGE map can still be compiled and played
  • How the use of a very simple 3d skybox can create an atmosphere that textures cannot achieve
  • How sounds can increase your immersion in the experience
  • How models can be used to optimize your map and and enrich your map
  • How interesting animations can be created with hammer
  • And finally that new concepts and ideas are still possible!

Look at this railing for example - Not your old boring square fence

Its a small example - definitely not the best one to make a point but non the less it is an example.

Roosta got the right idea, but of course he won't post it here so I will quote it.

Quote from: Roosta
Wow. This map is absolutely awe-inspiring. Everything about it exudes quality: the sounds, the details, the ambiance, the colors, the lighting, the length, the challenge. In my opinion, this is the greatest (skill) surf map ever made. As a mapper, I can appreciate the level of skill and devotion that went into making this, and I thank you for bringing this map into existence so that I could enjoy it. Even the little things that might go totally unnoticed, such as landmarked teleports between levels with fade-ins, which might go totally unnoticed to non-mappers, just subtly add to this masterpiece.

That said, it will never be my favorite map, even if just because I don't like skill surf that much. There are problems with it: the performance is bad on my shitty computer, it's extremely difficult, etc. But these are all MY problems with the map, not problems with the map itself. To think of any of these issues as problems with the map itself would be to detract from the unprecedented quality of this map in the interest of servicing my petty qualms. I thus restrain myself from letting these issues cloud my judgement. I give this map a 10/10. You guys deserve it. Well done.
Philosopher

Finally, unless you have downloaded and ran the bsp in CSS, you shouldn't be criticizing. It is a shame the way the topic was started and it is even more of a shame that the main author of the map does not want to voice his opinion but instead qr trolls the community with a silly thread if only to wake up the people who hang out here and show them that mapping has evolved a little.

The biggest shame of all is that those who hang out on this forum don't actually surf any more!

Offline Roosta

• Roosta
  • So then I was liek
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 01:08:36 AM »
Oh my God. This thread. I signed up here just for this thread. It's truely amazing. Ryan s is a fuckin' genius. That dude is such an elaborate troll it's scary. I wonder if he took any acting classes or anying, he plays the 'complete fucking retard' character FLAWLESSLY. This is the first time I think I can say 'lol' and actually mean it. Many laughs were had. Thanks Ryan s.

Check em, Ryan S isn't joking or trolling. What you need to understand about the people of this community is that we don't particularly like skill surf in its current incarnation. We enjoy a challenging map, but the tedium of developing the skill set necessary to complete a map like omnific is overwhelming. Gameplay and flow are more important to us than difficulty.  Your map is really really well made, and I don't think anyone here would contradict that. Our problem with the map is that, once you take away all of the aesthetics, it's a sequence of relatively simple, yet insanely difficult, skill surf levels.

TL;DR:
Different strokes for different folks.

As for useless textures and brushwork on the walls; what else really separates one surftimer map from the next?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:12:15 AM by Roosta »

Offline checkem

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 02:14:33 AM »
I map for fun. I don't care that people here don't like the map. It's their opinion. They're entitled to their own preferences. I just find Ryan s hilariously contradicting. I am genuinely interested in how that guy survives from day to day. I could absolutely see him doing something incredibly stupid and dying. Like, forgetting to breathe or something.

Offline unt0uch4bl3

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 02:32:02 AM »
... We enjoy a challenging map, but the tedium of developing the skill set necessary to complete a map like omnific is overwhelming. ...

Do you remember when surf_ny_advance came out? Completing Phase 2.3 was a challenge... forget about getting to phase 4 with that 1 minute timer. It was an extremely challenging map for its time. Hell, its still a challenging map for a lot of people.

So you are implying that omnific is somehow different because it is too hard? Because it is challenging map for today's surfer?

Problem seems to stem from the fact that <once again> people that hang out here do not surf any more. The skill of the average surfer has increased but yours (plural) hasn't.
----

Since when in history has a challenge been bad? It only pushes every one to be better at whatever they choose to do.

Offline Dan

• TOAO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2012, 02:59:00 AM »
I surf when I feel like it. I won't play for several months and then I'll play for a week straight. I can't beat 99% of skill surf maps, and guess what, I don't care, because it's just a game. It's. A. Game. I should also mention that I enjoy killing people in Counter-Strike, which is why I don't like skill surf. However, I do love a good round of platinum every once in a blue moon.

Anyways, not everyone on this forum plays the fuck out of this game like KSF and the denizens of your timer server. I can't comprehend how a skill timer server is in any way remotely fun, but that's me and my thoughts.

Cough; your definition of average surfer is biased.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the thread's topic. I will never play this map in my life. I can't give you any advice other than use your talents (?) to make a badass, non-skill surf map that is easy to surf and fun for all to play. Oh, and who the hell is Ryan S? I don't see a Ryan S on this forum.....
What the fuck happened?

Offline Power-Fusion

• The Local Nudist
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Hot Dickings!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 03:19:08 AM »
This thread is full of fuck
spoz: I like my women how i like my filesystems... FAT and 16

Offline Mr.Cow

• Moo Moo Man
  • Moo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2012, 03:41:00 AM »
You guys need to drink more milk cause it seems like you guys need to grow up.  \

Offline Paper-Cut

• Surf Patrol
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Roll up
    • View Profile
    • TAG Servers
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2012, 03:46:28 AM »
Do you remember when surf_ny_advance came out? Completing Phase 2.3 was a challenge... forget about getting to phase 4 with that 1 minute timer. It was an extremely challenging map for its time. Hell, its still a challenging map for a lot of people.

So you are implying that omnific is somehow different because it is too hard? Because it is challenging map for today's surfer?

Problem seems to stem from the fact that <once again> people that hang out here do not surf any more. The skill of the average surfer has increased but yours (plural) hasn't.
----

Since when in history has a challenge been bad? It only pushes every one to be better at whatever they choose to do.

I'm not getting involved in this retarded argument of a thread - but I will say this: ny_advance was one of "the" first skill surf maps. Comparing this new skill surf map to a map that is literally years old isn't even logical.
I make my maps with Microsoft Paint.

Shout Box