Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: awp_mars  (Read 7872 times)

Offline THAY-imagine-

• Dat nigga.
    • View Profile
awp_mars
« on: February 24, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »
http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/172649

-Two scouts hidden inside the two small rocks.
-Auto snipe hidden underwater in the tunnel.
-Players start with an AWP and a knife, but also get a deagle 30 seconds in to the round.
-Bonus is accessed by the drain.
-In bonus you can pick up a para that turns you into a Vortigaunt with giant red sparks.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:14:06 AM by THAY-imagine- »

Offline SRSCAT

• dannith
    • View Profile
Re: awp_mars
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:09:54 PM »
Looks good man, also looks like it's fun to play. Will play it at some future lan with my friends

Offline THAY-imagine-

• Dat nigga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 10:03:18 PM »
Awesome. You should tell me how that goes.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:17:47 PM by THAY-imagine- »

Offline The call me queer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 04:41:32 AM »
I'll bet all of that brushwork took you ages!

Offline THAY-imagine-

• Dat nigga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 06:14:45 AM »
You're still a fucking retard. Try harder queer.

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 06:32:22 AM »
You're still a fucking retard. Try harder queer.

Wow, you haven't changed at all, have you? Still a fucking ignorant cunt.

Offline THAY-imagine-

• Dat nigga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 05:00:48 PM »
On my last map, three different people (including you two) made specific estimates of how long it took to make the map and all thought they were qualified to do so because they make maps themselves. All were completely wrong and I knew this had nothing to do with my mapping speed because I've done timed speed mapping and I actually know I'm decently fast. Of course you guys responded with your smug SolidSurf circlejerk attitude all completely confident of your assertions and sure of the fact that I was being obnoxious and arrogant. After that I STILL tried to explain to you how the creative process and tedious mapping inefficiencies take up an unexpected amount of time. All I got was 'so easy so easy blah blah'. Well sure they're easy, that's the definition of tedious, things that are easy but repetitive. Why don't you guys realize you are actually the self-assured retards? Grow the fuck up you miserable shits. Also, get off this website for once.

Offline Orange

• Elder surfman of the states
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Elder statessurf of the man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 05:52:04 PM »
I don't understand why everyone is always hating on you, you seem like a pretty cool guy to me and I like your work. Did something happen in the past that caused everyone to hold grudges against you or something..?
Surfing states of the elder men

Offline THAY-imagine-

• Dat nigga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 06:22:02 PM »
The bulk of my activity on this site was 5 years ago when I was a lot younger. I acted like a little shit. The funny thing is most of the guys on here these days act no better than I used to...

Offline Panzerhandschuh

• Server Op
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 12:29:59 AM »
I don't understand why everyone is always hating on you, you seem like a pretty cool guy to me and I like your work. Did something happen in the past that caused everyone to hold grudges against you or something..?

The fact that he cared about someone giving him an 8/10 on a relatively simple map is what provoked me to BM his waveform map. I basically gave the same criticisms as Razer but I'm a "dickhead" cus I was less polite.

Offline THAY-imagine-

• Dat nigga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 01:04:18 AM »
Um... no. Nice try though. I don't care about how polite you are because I'm similar in that I can be kind of abrasive. I cared about the accuracy and constructiveness of your criticism. It had none and you made the dickhead move of giving a low ball estimate on how long the map took to make. Comparing your response to Razer's? Pure comedy. He actually gave proper feedback besides his ridiculous estimate of 30min (and somehow that makes me the ignorant cunt). I also didn't get Wirelezz to change his rating because it was an 8.0, I did it because of WHY he gave me an 8.0. Your head is still very much phallic in shape and in both threads you failed to raise a single point favoring your argument. You guys are seriously pathetic. Try harder.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:26:44 AM by THAY-imagine- »

Offline Panzerhandschuh

• Server Op
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 01:28:19 AM »
This map looks like it was thrown together in a few hours just copying a bunch of arches over and over. The textures are dull and the layout is repetitive.

1. The texture-scheme is boring and bland.

2. The map-layout is repetitive and seems to be a ctrl+c - ctrl+v job.

3. Most mappers on this site could make something like that in under 30 minutes.

4. Map is far too dark to be enjoyable, especially since most ct models are dark blue, they kinda disappear.

5. Doesn't really have any possible way of flanking or moving towards the enemy since it's just a straight line with a few dips..

The only two points he made that I didn't were that the map was dark (which I didn't mention since someone already said it on gamebanana) and his 5th point.

Offline THAY-imagine-

• Dat nigga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 01:35:43 AM »
I guess I was wrong. You and Razer gave almost equally shitty feedback. Congratulations.

I responded on gamebanana about the darkness and point 5 from Razer isn't true because you can flank by taking the side waves. I've tried it. Do you think I never noticed the dullness of textures or that the map was repetitive? I thought dull textures would fit the space theme because space is pretty dull unless you're right in front of a nebula something. AWP maps need to be repetitive or the community won't like it. It's actually kind of sad.

There's nothings wrong with you but anybody who made an estimate was being arrogant at the time. That was the only thing that bothered me.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:54:07 AM by THAY-imagine- »

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 02:57:38 AM »
If you think I'm a part of the SolidSurf circle jerk, you couldn't be farther from the truth.

You're complaining about ratings of 8.0. That's in the upper quartile of the rating system. People were generous enough to think that your map is as good/better than 80% of the other maps. Or they're simply being nice.

PS. You're really easy to troll.

Offline THAY-imagine-

• Dat nigga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 03:42:58 AM »
Yes I was complaining about an 8.0 rating. The map has func_dustmotes for the stars and an env_sprite for the sun. The space environment was made without any custom textures. A lot more work went into the lighting than you think. The map had phenomenal game play with angles that you did not notice in the slightest because you haven't played it in a server full of people. You don't know shit about what makes a good AWP map as you aren't involved in that community. Real trolls don't reveal themselves like that, you are just a faggot.

This map looks like it was thrown together in a few hours just copying a bunch of arches over and over. The textures are dull and the layout is repetitive. Why does this deserve a rating above 8.0 and why do you even care?

This got answered above.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:09:15 AM by THAY-imagine- »

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 04:33:34 AM »
WOW! Dustmotes for stairs! Env_sprite? That's completely unheard of. And angles! I've never seen angles before... Good thing all of these groundbreaking features get to be fully experienced in a point and click game.

Offline THAY-imagine-

• Dat nigga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 04:52:02 AM »
You tried to justify your opinion of the map (< 8.0) by its lack of groundbreaking features. It doesn't need any, and like I said, you don't know shit about what makes a good awp map. You have absolutely no fucking clue what I meant when I said angles because in this context, they are a part of a genre of gameplay you are not familiar with. There were planned narrow passages for bullets that make the map have such awesome gameplay. Like I also said, I have played this map with a server full of people and you have never played this map once.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:11:02 AM by THAY-imagine- »

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 05:13:07 AM »
Real trolls don't reveal themselves like that, you are just a faggot.
The reason I can tell you I'm trolling you is because you keep falling for it.

You have absolutely no fucking clue what I meant when I said angles because in this context, they are a part of a genre of gameplay you are not familiar with. There were planned narrow passages for bullets that make the map have such awesome gameplay.
Yeah, I've never played any game with an awp/sniper before. Except maybe 12 years of it prior to this post.

Offline THAY-imagine-

• Dat nigga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 06:00:28 AM »
I designed the map to appeal to the average player on the sniper servers I play on. I can do this because I know which maps are popular and why. The map was a confirmed success by the players. The map is only decent compared to awp_mars though. I don't give a fuck how long you have been playing or what your specific map tastes are. troll faget

PS. Getting a rating of 8.0 doesn't mean 80th percentile because the ratings aren't distributed evenly, dumbass. l2math
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:11:43 AM by THAY-imagine- »

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 08:47:50 AM »
This got out of hand relly quickly.... again! Stop feeding the troll, and stop being a dick. A rating of 8/10 is a good and fair rating for fucks sake. Do you expect everyone to give you 10's just because you really like YOUR OWN map? I provided reasoning, as to why I gave you the rating that I did, and I gave you that rating because that's what I felt it deserved. Who are you to say that my impression of the map is unjustified and "shitty"? You are just being an asshole, just like you were back in the day. You say you acted like a little shit, because you were much younger, fair enough. That doesn't explain why you're being such a dick now though.

~try harder.

Offline THAY-imagine-

• Dat nigga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »
You aren't the innocent party and I'm not the belligerent. I got my points out there, you guys can make of them what you want. I know 8/10 is a good rating and I didn't want 10s. Did you notice I stopped posting in the other thread? That shit was going nowhere. The call me queer instigated pretty much this whole thing. If he wants to consider himself a troll fag that's cool I guess. We all participated and acted like dicks.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:23:12 PM by THAY-imagine- »

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 02:57:05 AM »
You know what your problem is?
You don't handle criticism very well and you like to argue with people that are smarter than you.

Offline THAY-imagine-

• Dat nigga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 04:20:31 AM »
I could say the same thing. Your first point might have some truth to it but neither one of us has enough information to be sure of your second point. I think a conventionally 'smart' person would know this.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 01:47:52 PM by THAY-imagine- »

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 05:19:45 AM »
You've proven point 2 relentlessly  \

Offline THAY-imagine-

• Dat nigga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 01:52:27 PM »
\

Offline Dan

• TOAO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 11:43:38 AM »
STOP POSTING IN BAD THREADS. It was good at first, and then it escalated to bad really fast.
If you post in this thread after this post, you will die.  Millions of these little guys \ will come out of your
monitor and eat you alive. Now I would not like to see that happen. So, stop posting!
What the fuck happened?

Offline Orange

• Elder surfman of the states
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Elder statessurf of the man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 01:24:13 PM »
STOP POSTING IN BAD THREADS. It was good at first, and then it escalated to bad really fast.
If you post in this thread after this post, you will die.  Millions of these little guys \ will come out of your
monitor and eat you alive. Now I would not like to see that happen. So, stop posting!
Killed by semen?
Surfing states of the elder men

Offline THAY-imagine-

• Dat nigga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 06:24:06 AM »
On a different note, I redid bonus with an animated Vortigaunt model parented to a knife. The knife also makes the player invisible. There's a couple hidden ones as well.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:12:22 PM by THAY-imagine- »