Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: surf_stonework3  (Read 11151 times)

Offline Mr.Cow

• Moo Moo Man
  • Moo
    • View Profile
surf_stonework3
« on: January 02, 2014, 05:32:36 PM »
The 3rd map of the stonework series. \
http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/178313

Offline Fission

• View Profile
Re: surf_stonework3
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 12:19:26 PM »
The visual design in this map is outstanding, and after spectating a few people surf the map, I can see that it has some nice flow, too.

It may just be my lack of surf ability, but I felt like the reason I couldn't pass stage 2 was because there is far too much turning in one direction at a time (several full turns at once without any time in the middle to re-position my mouse). This was present in stages 4 and 7 too. I simply didn't have enough room to finish the turns comfortably, even with my turn binds. For me, the surf would have been improved overall if some of these sections had been broken up, and re-positioned in a way that would give a little more time within stages to re-adjust my mouse. Just my own personal opinion.

Again, very nice work on the visuals. I was very impressed by the lighting, and your structural work throughout the map. Just needed a few adjustments to the surf paths as I mentioned above, and it would have been up there with some of my favourite releases for sure.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:30:01 PM by Fission »