Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hunger games jail  (Read 1266 times)

Offline .:CNH:. [Surfer]

• Sexy Stuff !
    • View Profile
Hunger games jail
« on: March 12, 2014, 07:35:07 PM »
Hey guys i got a new question \

I would like to make a hunger games jail, like in the movie. In the movie every contestant start in a tube and gets elevated to higher grounds. From there everybody runs towards the middle of the circle and grab a weapon.

I want to do the same thing if it's possible. When the time expires in the surf map, everyone will be teleported to this jail. But how do i make sure the players wont spawn at the same circle? If i call all teleport destinations the same, players will spawn in different locations, but may also start in the same position. And if i call all teleport_destinations a different thing the same scenario will happen.

Do anybody have an idea how i could do this?

Offline moonrabbit

• colo styro bor.
    • View Profile
Re: Hunger games jail
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 11:22:06 PM »
A pretty easy way to do this would be to place a trigger under everyone's spawn point at the start of the map that gives each player a name. There's a few threads around here on how to give players a name.

Once you do that, you can create individual teleport triggers with filters specific to each name, that lead to the different tubes or whatever. Basically, the player_1 spawn has a trigger that gives the player that spawns there the name player_1, then a teleport trigger that only allows player_1 to use it at the end of the map gets activated and sends that player to the player_1 tube.

This system isn't the cleanest, and requires a fair amount of teleports and stuff, but it is pretty simple to do.

Offline .:CNH:. [Surfer]

• Sexy Stuff !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 04:17:26 PM »
Yeah i thought about that to. But there are multiple problems with that method. The first problem is, that in the map everybody is already given a name to do specific tasks. So that option is out of the way. The second problem with the method is that the "Death circle/hungergames spawn" will only have so many spawn points So if a server, let's say KSF, has 40+ players some of them would need to spawn in the same place...

So I guess either way this wouldn't work properly. But thanks for the help anyways \

Offline Sacred

• Modders
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 09:33:58 PM »
You can also filter by class, not by name. Works the same way I think.