Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: surf_diverge  (Read 17479 times)

Offline Kiiru

• fast mapper
  • You know - I am the crazy one
    • View Profile
surf_diverge
« on: August 28, 2014, 06:09:47 PM »
surf_diverge
This is my new map with falc

This is a project "we" made a long time ago, and I have finally managed to complete it all. Hope you guys like a staged map with a "diverge"

Gamebanana: http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/182572

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6besv9cl9nb65s0/surf_diverge.rar

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTSmlBgLSKU

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:49:54 PM by Kiiru »
You know I'm good.

Offline Krazy

• View Profile
Re: surf_diverge
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 10:57:22 AM »
I thought the five stages were fun. In some places, they're very challenging, but the surf is great. The scenery in these stages are interesting and it looks nice (especially stage 5).

However, the other three bonuses/stages/whatevertheyare feel compact and there's very little flow (I'm not saying this is a bad thing, since there are plenty of surfers who like that kind of thing). They're just short and they feel rather awkward to surf (not much speed being generated). The geometry and lighting are rather simple, and they just have a dull appearance.

Otherwise, great-looking map; difficult, but fun.

Offline Kiiru

• fast mapper
  • You know - I am the crazy one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 11:08:56 AM »
I thought the five stages were fun. In some places, they're very challenging, but the surf is great. The scenery in these stages are interesting and it looks nice (especially stage 5).

However, the other three bonuses/stages/whatevertheyare feel compact and there's very little flow (I'm not saying this is a bad thing, since there are plenty of surfers who like that kind of thing). They're just short and they feel rather awkward to surf (not much speed being generated). The geometry and lighting are rather simple, and they just have a dull appearance.

Otherwise, great-looking map; difficult, but fun.

I understand that.

I was supposed to copy the surf from falcs stages and make them in my own way (make stages how I suppose to make them). This was the end results. Maybe that's why you disgust his stages, because he's bad at mapping, or actually, he has never mapped before \
You know I'm good.

Offline Krazy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 12:07:59 PM »
I understand that.

I was supposed to copy the surf from falcs stages and make them in my own way (make stages how I suppose to make them). This was the end results. Maybe that's why you disgust his stages, because he's bad at mapping, or actually, he has never mapped before \

Well, they just seem out-of-place in this map. I don't dislike his three stages, I just think that they are of lesser quality than the five that you have made (which are amazing). I thought his second stage is rather fun, to be honest.

And for one of a mapper's first surf maps, this is pretty good. As I stated before, they are awkward to surf and are compact, but I don't hate them. I just think they could be a little better.

Offline Orange

• Elder surfman of the states
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Elder statessurf of the man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 04:48:08 PM »

We must have watched two different videos then. Looks boring as fuck to me.

That's pretty much the standard for todays bonuses. Compact and awkward.
Surfing states of the elder men

Offline Diealready

• aka Felix
  • aka massive faggot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 01:58:12 AM »
shitty bonuses make the main map seem better

Offline Tioga060

• America #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 05:19:59 AM »
shitty bonuses make the main map seem better

Are you speaking from experience here

Offline RizzLe

• Juxtapo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 04:41:52 AM »
Are you speaking from experience here

Hey Jeff,

The bonuses created by Juxtapo on surf_polygon were superior to the map itself.

Thanks,
Juxtapo
Juxtapo

Offline Tioga060

• America #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 06:06:04 PM »
Hey Jeff,

The bonuses created by Juxtapo on surf_polygon were superior to the map itself.

Thanks,
Juxtapo

I wasn't talking about those ones!