Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need some logic_ help  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Knife

• Jerker
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Stay Classy.
    • View Profile
Need some logic_ help
« on: September 20, 2014, 01:38:00 AM »
Having been out of mapping for quite some time, there are some things that I no longer remember to do. With the addition of the sdk changes and how hammer works now and things being different and all, I'm actually a little confused.

My current issue is with entities reading a logic_ entities state across multiple rounds. What I'm trying to accomplish is for an XIV style map in which there are multiple different "selections" a user can select at the beginning of the round.

My end goal is this:

>User selects specific map
>After a selection is made, a box/contraption of sorts is enabled at the start of every round thereafter that prevents users from picking that selection again for a few rounds or so.
>After a determined amount of rounds, the selection becomes available again as the box/contraption disappears.

I'm having issues getting this to work.

What I've tried so far:

logic_auto, logic_branch, math_counter, func_button, func_brush

logic_auto:
OnMapSpawn > logic_branch > test

logic_branch:
OnTrue (1) > func_brush > Enable
OnFalse (0) > func_brush > Disable
OnTrue (1) > math_counter > Subtract > 1

math_counter (Min 0, Max 10):
OnHitMin > logic_branch > SetValue > 0

func_button:
OnPressed > math_counter > Add > 5
OnPressed > logic_branch > SetValue > 1

For some reason, even though this seems like it should work, it doesn't, and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Please help :\
Why so Ryan?

Offline .george

• View Profile
Re: Need some logic_ help
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 03:58:59 PM »
Most entities reset when the round restarts I can't tell what you are getting at but if this helps you can use env_gloval, func_brush or onuser1 on the world entity to save things over round changes.