Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: COLLAB ERMAHGERD // COOL PICS INSIDE  (Read 8825 times)

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
COLLAB ERMAHGERD // COOL PICS INSIDE
« on: December 09, 2015, 03:40:20 PM »
sex lube.
Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/1mume8

I've made something, and I want some of you guys to make something as well! Now before you get your panties in a bunch, this isn't some wirelezz fruits/vegetable/dildo-map.
The idea is, to make a staged map which has to at least resemble an actual city/industrial zone etc. It needs to be somewhat realistic, see pics as referance. My stage isn't completely to human scale or anything special, but it's what I've been able to squeeze out of the ol' anal lube tube you know as hammer. In this stage, which would be stage1; the general idea is that those roads you see; are made like the slidey thing in surf_fast (all credit to panzer for the idea) where you slide around at high speed, dodging obstacles and eventually jump off and continue to surf through this city/industrial zone. I've attached the .bsp, the .vmf and a sourcetv-demo of me surfing it so you can see how it works if you can't manage to surf through it.

Requirements:
- Must look somewhat like my stage.
- bonuspoints to you if you can continue the theme of using the slidey-roads.
- the map needs to be somewhat flat. (My stage uses the entire grid in top-view, but hardly anything in sideview) This is necesscary in order to fit the stages into hammer.
- Don't make it ridiculously hard, don't want to make a ksf-elite-master-masturbator map.
-be creative, y0

TL;DR - I made a stage, why don't you make on too?

This is what I made:

Offline Arblarg

• I map
    • View Profile
Re: COLLAB ERMAHGERD // COOL PICS INSIDE
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 04:21:30 PM »
"nearly entire X/Y grid in an unbroken vis space "

How many FPS do you get on this :V BSP is totally not meant for big open spaces.

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 06:51:00 PM »
"nearly entire X/Y grid in an unbroken vis space "

How many FPS do you get on this :V BSP is totally not meant for big open spaces.

constant 299, it's capped at that. not having any problems.. Although I know what you mean. 10000 numportals  \ Nowadays pretty much every PC should be able to keep a steady 299 fps on this map, even though vbsp is "not meant for" big open spaces, it dows work fine when playing. compiling it is done in like 30 seconds, so I can't see a problem with this.

Offline Sacred

• Modders
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 04:25:44 PM »
Looks fun, really cool concept but I just suck too much at building stuff like this to participate.