Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: surf_arcadius  (Read 6553 times)

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
surf_arcadius
« on: June 19, 2016, 01:21:06 PM »

****PARTICIPANTS***

- RAZER
- TIOGA
- FRESHZ
- MARK C

This is a staged collab-map started by me. I am currently working on it, with the help from Juxtapo, tioga and sangre (?). If anyone wants to pitch in and create a stage; do feel free to message me about it on steam. If you don't see me online, feel free to leave an offline message, and I'll get back to you once I've seen it.

The theme is scifi, but I don't mean to force a specific scifi theme upon those who want to contribute. For example, my stage will be a fallout-esque inspired run-down theme. Whilst I think Tioga is making a high tech space theme. Furthermore I would prefer shorter stages in this, because I'm sick of all the maps nowadays that have 6-7 "short-linears" in them. I prefer the days where maps like legendary were in style. A short-ish stage where each stage has a unique defining characteristic. A certain special obstacle, or whatever it may be.

I would be the main coordinator for the project, meaning all stages will be sent to me and I'd put them all together. I would love for new mappers, old statesmen of the surf or whomever you may be to take part. There is no real timeframe for the project as of now, because it's something I don't want to rush; and I'm not in a position where I can spend a lot of time mapping each day. So if you feel like you can contribute, and you want to; don't say no because you don't have the time. Feel free to create something in your own time, and submit it whenever it is worth a playtest, and we could take it from there.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 03:51:18 PM by RazerSurf »

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
Re: SCIFI map
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 01:22:35 PM »
ALSO: If anyone knows of somebody who can make animated models, I'd love to have a chat with them. The orb in the "flux capacitor" is temporary until I can get a better effect there.

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• The Sexiest Man "Alive"
  • SolidSurf Elite
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • daddy is home :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 06:21:55 PM »
ALSO: If anyone knows of somebody who can make animated models, I'd love to have a chat with them. The orb in the "flux capacitor" is temporary until I can get a better effect there.

Did you think about using particle effects in place of an animated model?

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 06:27:48 PM »
Did you think about using particle effects in place of an animated model?

Haven't had time to play around with it much, will try out different methods, and see what works best.

Offline Arblarg

• I map
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 08:02:53 PM »
ALIGN THOSE FUCKING FLOOR TILES OR PUT A TRIGGER WARNING ON THE PICTURES.

Also not optimal, but you could just model multiple parts and use phys motors. Not the most optimal way, but certainly the easiest and most flexible.

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

• The Sexiest Man "Alive"
  • SolidSurf Elite
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • daddy is home :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 08:25:18 PM »
ALIGN THOSE FUCKING FLOOR TILES OR PUT A TRIGGER WARNING ON THE PICTURES.

Also not optimal, but you could just model multiple parts and use phys motors. Not the most optimal way, but certainly the easiest and most flexible.

Yeh meng, you should keep texture lock off when copy + pasting and rotating multiple parts just so everything looks smooth  \

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 07:58:22 PM »
ADDED NEW PICTURES IN ORIGINAL POST. PLease drop some feedback if you've got something of value to say. I'd love it if some of you talented twats would hit me up and we could turn this into a sweet collab map. I don't have the inspiration to create a whole map alone anymore. So hmu if you want to make a stage or something.

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
Re: surf_arcadius
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 03:56:18 PM »
updated OP.

Offline Gash3d

• View Profile
Re: surf_arcadius
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 05:43:06 PM »