Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is it weird?  (Read 788 times)

Offline .eric

• View Profile
Is it weird?
« on: April 27, 2017, 01:53:47 AM »
I hardly, if ever, play the game anymore but i still find myself opening up hammer every now and then when i'm bored. anybody else there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-3ATmhfSVM

shameless oversized name promotion

Offline RazerSurf

• Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • mapper of surfs
    • View Profile
Re: Is it weird?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 01:52:50 PM »
Looks incredible, but the surf did look a tad awkward. Still, you're probably one of my favorite mappers of all time; your style is so clean and distinctive. Glad to see you've not given up on mapping entirely \

Offline .eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 04:19:41 PM »
Looks incredible, but the surf did look a tad awkward. Still, you're probably one of my favorite mappers of all time; your style is so clean and distinctive. Glad to see you've not given up on mapping entirely \

I appreciate that, thank you. And yeah the surf is probably extremely awkward, I'm terrible at surf so I definitely didnt do it any justice either.

Offline svbg869

• SolidSurf Elite
  • [insert witty comment hear]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 02:26:16 PM »
 honestly, i also open up hammer on occasion. use it for a week or two. Then i get a crash and lose some progress and just get out of it.

surf looks cool  \

Offline Orange

• Elder surfman of the states
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Elder statessurf of the man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 02:32:28 PM »
Beautiful, please continue working on this. Also I think any good surfer can make the surf look smooth and not awkward
Surfing states of the elder men

Offline Sacred

• Modders
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 07:07:43 PM »
They might make it look less awkward, doesn't mean that it's not awkward to surf. Looks really good, visually, but the surf... yeah, idk.

Offline Orange

• Elder surfman of the states
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • Elder statessurf of the man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 02:18:38 PM »
They might make it look less awkward, doesn't mean that it's not awkward to surf. Looks really good, visually, but the surf... yeah, idk.

Honestly I don't see what's wrong with the surf. There's plenty of room for manoeuvring right and left. maybe the ceiling is a bit low at one point but it's not like he's continuously bumping his head to the ceiling? You probably don't like the beams that go through the ramp either but i think it works fine. If anything it teaches surfers to deal with momentum etc
Surfing states of the elder men

Offline Sacred

• Modders
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 08:03:22 PM »
Honestly I don't see what's wrong with the surf. There's plenty of room for manoeuvring right and left. maybe the ceiling is a bit low at one point but it's not like he's continuously bumping his head to the ceiling? You probably don't like the beams that go through the ramp either but i think it works fine. If anything it teaches surfers to deal with momentum etc

tbh, I'd have to play it myself to properly judge it

EDIT: You're right tho, I watched it again - it's not bad I guess
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 08:05:58 PM by Sacred »