Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: surf_chemicals (help me here)  (Read 6369 times)

Offline SintaxError

• Admin
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
  • There's an error in your sintax.
    • View Profile
    • SolidSurf
surf_chemicals (help me here)
« on: May 07, 2006, 05:08:06 AM »
I started this one a while ago but never really felt like finishing it. Only one screeny. The first ramp is pretty smooth but not too exciting.

I tried to get a colab going on this because of how it works (teleports you to a random level) but nobody submitted anything yet. I'd still be willing to put it together if people still want to submit levels.

Here's a picture of the spawn:

If you want to make a room feel free.  Also since nobody's really submitted anything, I'll let you all download the source and do what you want with it:
http://upload.solidsurf.info/download.php?file=967ffb35c0c19760b09973e9e5eccf52
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 03:55:37 PM by SintaxError »

Offline kaos4u

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 07:19:20 PM »
I would like to help with making a room. Is there any guidelines I should fallow? Any certain theme?

Offline SintaxError

• Admin
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • SolidSurf
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 07:24:36 PM »
Well, just make sure you go out the same direction you came in, and can keep a reasonable speed.  Take a look at the vmf and just try to keep up with that theme I guess.  Even though there's not much done really.

Offline kaos4u

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 03:20:38 AM »
OK, I have a few ideas, but I have a few more questions before I get started.
1. Is this map going to be linear? If so, can there be more then 1 teleport per room? More then one ramp?
2. Is there going to be a jail in the final version?
3. what about the weapon scheme? Is there not going to be any, or is there going to be only a certain kind of gun theme?
4. Should we keep the rooms about the same size?
5. What about landing areas. Should we not make any?

Right now, area 2 repeats. Should we leave it like that? Then make an additional TP above the one that repeats. That way you would have to continue doing that room untill eventually you got enough speed to go to the next room. If that sounds like a good Idea then shot guns would be good for batteling while trying to make it to the next room.

I'm not to sure which way to go with this. I don't want to get started untilllI am sure I am taking this the right direction. If you just want to make a bunch of rooms and ramps then figure it all out later thats cool too. In the mean time I will keep sketching out some ideas.

Offline SintaxError

• Admin
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • SolidSurf
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 03:50:03 AM »
Well, I'm not going to be strict at all about this, and I should say don't put too much effot/time onto it because other people don't seem to want to participate in this.  If you play enough rounds of the map, you'll notice that it randomly teleports you to a different room (an empty one I think).  I'd like to have it like that for all the rooms.  The rooms should be about the same size, but that doesn't matter too much.  As long as I can fit all the rooms into the map (I don't think this should be a problem), there shouldn't be a problem.

I don't know how this is going to end, but there should be a teleport into your room, and a teleport out.  Also if you would, make some trigger_teleports on the bottom of the rooms for the jail.  

I'll handle all the weapons and stuff of that sort I guess.

Feel free to give yourself credit for your room also.

Offline kaos4u

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 10:04:11 PM »
I have started on my room. Here are some pics:
http://surfsource.clanservers.com/screenpics/surf_chem/

So far I have a ramp that resimbles a road, with cars driving on it. There is a trigger_push that boost you up a ramp. If you make the jump perfectly. You will TP to the next room. If you miss the ramp to the next room. You can still hit a lower ramp that will take you back to room #2. Also in my version I have room #2 repeating untill you get  enough speed to make it above the TP, Where there is another TP that takes you to the room I created.
I should be done by this weekend, if I can find the time. So hopefully I will have a download to the .vmf by Sunday.

Come on people Help with this map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  \ [/img]

Offline SintaxError

• Admin
  • Elder Statesman
    of the Surf
    • View Profile
    • SolidSurf
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 03:49:16 AM »
Haven't worked on this in a really long time.  Moved to surf failures.

Offline zombie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 10:11:31 PM »
I hate that, you start one and you never finnish it! it always happens LOL!

Offline UDelSteve

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
Re: surf_chemicals (help me here)
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 03:32:51 PM »
*bump*

yo i'd help make a room...after i finish 420, that is.