Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hey [:  (Read 52301 times)

Offline !harvey

• View Profile
Hey [:
« on: September 15, 2007, 07:12:10 PM »
Hi, i'm harvey. I used to be an active member of BROKENSURF and also map for them, to name a few:
-surf_dreamer [not daydreamer. someone decompiled, renamed, made full bright, and took credit]
-surf_mellow
-surf_rundown

I noticed a few familiar names from BS and thought i'd sign up considering BS is now dead. I mainly play KZMOD now and map for the mod but never forgot my surfing days, +KZMOD has surf maps included.

That's about me.

Oh and if you're interested you can check out my latest KZ map http://kzmod.com/forum_viewtopic.php?24.6648

[:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 07:20:52 PM by !harvey »

Offline ArchAngel

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
    • Solid Surf
Re: Hey [:
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 07:25:27 AM »
wow an old brokensurf member :O, welcome. i tried 2 download ur map but the file was corrupt or is it just me? i youtube'd some videos on kzmod it looks pretty sick. although i cudnt tell if this guy surfing a egypt style map was using boosts or not.

also how big of a community is kzmod? coz i saw the server was empty (official one). also its a shame brokensurf went down especially since they had a bunch of maps that fpsbanana hasnt got and i lost most of my backups.
"Do, or do not. There is no try." Yoda, Jedi Master

Offline !harvey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »
Hey man, I remeber you [:
Scroll down the page and there should be a fileplanet link, I suggest you download the mod before playing the map [it's quote a difficult map btw] Yeh kzmod rocks, It's manily climbing and jumping with a timer system, but also includes bungee maps and a surf maps and sometimes a mix of all 3. It's not a half asses mod it took a couple of years to create.

The commubity isn't HUGE around 1900 members but it's a really tight community consisting of regulars, and devs.

Well most of my maps are somewhere on the net, so if you're interested just search them on google [:

Offline FrostyD

• View Profile
    • http://www.brokensurf.com
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 08:13:07 PM »
how many old members are still around, just out of curiosity.

Offline kaos4u

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 08:26:52 PM »
Harvey, your maps own! Welcome to the forums bro.  It's good to see old school mappers are still joining the forums.  This place needs more people like you to keep this place going.  It seems this place has been kinda dead lately, I would hope to see it pick-up pace here again.  Maybe some people have felt the same as I lately, and haven't been keeping-up on surfing as much anymore. 

Many people that I play regular CS with have been raving about this KZ mod, I will definitely have to check it out soon. (hopefully after I reformat my HD.)

Offline !harvey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 11:49:25 PM »
Thanks [: I've noticed these forums are very quiet, I don't know why but i personally think it's due to the fact surfing is not what it used to be, the whole bases of how maps and games were played has changed alot, and all the original old surfers didn't like the direction it was moving... and left. That's a main reason for why i stopped. Maybe in due time i'll get around to designing a new surf map for css, i guess i'll see how it goes.

Offline SGT_kick_ur_ass

• View Profile
    • http://www.halflifestorm.com
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 01:06:01 AM »
Welcome Harvey! I still remember you from BS a while back, haven't even been there in so long. Good to see you joined up on SS, and I do hope you get back into surf mapping (for TF2 possibly?).

Offline ArchAngel

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
    • Solid Surf
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 02:38:49 PM »
i downloaded the kzmod today. played a few maps but no1 was on \. i have to say the tutorials were very informative. i like the fact it not only times but records who the winner is. ur map is well hard lol, jumping isnt something im that good at the moment target noes oh 2 well.
"Do, or do not. There is no try." Yoda, Jedi Master

Offline Dynamic

• SolidSurf Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 06:13:10 PM »
Yea I remember you, welcome.

Offline TargetPractice

• Eat my surf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 11:39:36 AM »
jumping isnt something im that good at the moment target noes oh 2 well.

Yeah archie is quite pitiful at that!  \

Click HERE for free films and games with the LoveFilm offers!

Offline !harvey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 12:37:54 AM »
Hello everybody. 7 years since the last post on here, you can probably count this as a belated reply. I was wondering if anyone had a copy of surf_rundown? I've lost all copies and images and I remember working hard on that map. It's a huge shot in the dark but any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers \